I know, it’s a mouthful (heh) That is marinated sliced top sirloin topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions and served ona toasted ciabatta roll with a roasted red pepper and basil mayonnaise.
You want this sandwich, trust me. You will want to have this sandwich more than once, I have in fact had them twice in two days… it’s really a hard life being a food blogger 😉
This is probably in my Top 5 of my all time favorite sandwiches, ever. So, when The Motherhood contacted me about working with them on an “I Heart Beef” on behalf of The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association; I did two things.. I immediately said YES, because hello I’m a Texas Girl and I love beef and then I went to the store and bought all the ingredients for this sandwich
This post was sponsored but the recipe is all mine, the opinions, sentiment and enthusiasm are all mine and believe me when I tell you that want to hang around for this one, you want this recipe and you want to enter to win the awesome prize that I’ll tell you about at the end of the recipe.
Let’s Do This:
- 1 1/2 lbs trimmed top sirloin steak
- 4 ciabatta rolls (This made 3 sandwiches for us. But, these were LOADED sandwiches *ahem*)
- 1 yellow onion, medium, sliced
- 10 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 7 cloves of garlic, divided 4 and 3, sliced
- 3/4 C worcestershire
- 1/4 C Soy sauce
- 1 to 3 Tbsp Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce (I use 3 for the marinade and more later)
- 3 Tbsp Rachel’s Simple Seasoning* will share recipe below
- 1/4 C Mayonnaise
- 1 whole roasted red bell pepper, rough chopped (I use Fire Roasted in a Jar)
- 3 to 4 Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- Trim the steak and put in a large ziploc baggie, add in 4 chopped garlic cloves
- In a bowl or glass measuring cup mix the soy sauce, worcestershire, Seasoning and Hot Sauce
- Pour over steak and garlic in bag, seal and refrigerate for at LEAST 3 hours.
For The Mayonnaise:
- Mix chopped red pepper, basil and mayonnaise together along with another dash of hot sauce (y’all know how I am) and then cover and refrigerate.
After The Steak Has Marinated
- Slice the onions and mushrooms
- Place 1/2 stick of butter on a skillet and allow it to melt while the griddle/skillet heats up
- Place the sliced onions, 3 cloves of garlic and mushrooms in the butter on the griddle/skillet and sautee until caramelized and the smell of them makes you want to dive headfirst into them (resist this urge, it’s painful)
- While the onions are cooking, slice your steak into 1/4″ (width) strips
- Remove cooked onions and mushrooms and set aside in a covered dish
- Put your steak on the griddle/skillet and drizzle with a bit more hot sauce (optional) and some crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook the steak strips for 3 to 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and add to the covered dish with mushrooms, onions and garlic.
- Scrape the griddle a bit and then put your ciabatta roll halves onto the griddle to toast the inside and outside.
- Remove the toasted halves and slather with the insanely delicious Herb Mayonnaise that you made earlier
Do not be afraid of this mayonnaise, it is your friend. It adds a cool, creamy, fresh zing to this piping hot sandwich.
Now, load your sandwich with the meat, mushroom, onion, garlic mixture
You’re Welcome. 😉
Now, for even more deliciousness.
Check out the Beef It’s What’s For Dinner website, seriously amazing recipes and inspiration as well as tips and information can be found on there, I have it bookmarked y’all, it is that good.
Wanna win this delicious gift card? Here’s how:
- (Mandatory) Leave a comment here telling me your favorite way to serve Beef (Steak, hamburger…) Your favorite recipe
- (BONUS) Visit the I Heart Beef website and tell me which recipe there makes your mouth water
- (BONUS) Follow Beef For Dinner on Twitter and tell me in a comment
- (BONUS) Tweet this and leave the Twitter URL in a separate comment
This contest will end at 10:00 PM CST on February 28th. I will choose the winner and they will have the $100 GC sent to them electronically by the FABULOUS ladies of The Motherhood (if you aren’t a member, you should go join, seriously)
There are several other bloggers who are joining me in this deliciously beefy campaign; you may enter to win on their blogs, too. But, you can only win once and each individual sets their own contest rules:
Rachel’s Simple Seasoning (RSS) or My Favorite Seasoning Blend for Meat
- 1/4 C salt
- 1/4 C Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/4 C Coarsely Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1 tsp Comino (Cumin)
- 1 tsp cayenne
- dash cinnamon
these are all full measurements
Congratulations to our winner!! Tammy Munson commenter #25