Scalloped Potatoes, Coffee Malts, Berry Lemonade, Macaroni and Cheese and Ham.
All featured, devoured and LOVED at our Spring Brunch last weekend.
(full disclosure: I hosted the Spring Brunch House Party as a part of my Kitchenista fabulousness)
I’m going to show y’all the video and then share the insanely delicious and easy recipes.
Now that you’re rockin’ to the tunes and drooling over the recipes.. I’m going to share a few recipes with you.
As part of my Kitchenista “ista-ness” I got to host a Spring Brunch House Party and had friends over to eat, play, laugh and welcome Spring.
The biggest hit of our Spring Brunch had to be the Scalloped Potatoes. They were kind of ridiculously easy to make and I must admit, that while I’ve always been a bit intimidated by scalloped potatoes… these potatoes were crazy easy to make and only could have been easier if I’d had a mandolin. Still, slicing each potato by hand.. not really that big a deal.
With Easter this weekend and many other spring parties and summer bbq’s coming up.. this is a recipe that you need to bookmark, it’s delicious, simple and crowd pleasing.
Recipe: New Look Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- 4 1/2 lb red potaotes (9 ish, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices)
- 16 oz Fat free Sour Cream
- 3/4 lb (12 oz) Velveeta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 lb Oscar Mayer Smoked Ham, chopped
- 4 green onions
- 1/4 C Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oven to 350
- Cook potatoes in boiling water in large covered saucepan 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are JUST tender.
- Remove 3/4 of the potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add sour cream and mash until smooth. Stir in Velveeta, ham and onions. Gently mix in remaining potato slices.
- Spoon into a 9X13 baking dish that has been coated with baking spray; top with parmesan.
- Bake 30 minutes
* I used 6 green onions stalks * I used the Kraft 3 Cheese Blend because it’s my favorite
* I added 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
Recipe: Easy Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 3/4 lb. (12 oz.) Velveeta cheese product, cut up
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain well. Return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Cook on low heat until Velveeta is melted, stirring frequently.
I added: * 1/4 C Cream Cheese * 1 extra Tbsp pepper * used the whole 16 oz of Velveeta Quite seriously y’all.. this was the EASIEST and most delicious Mac and Cheese I’ve ever made
* I used the wheel pasta because that’s what the 3 yo wanted when we were at the store.