[donotprint] Migas might be my most favorite egg breakfast dish ever. Eggs, jalapenos, salsa, cheese, chips… my mouth starts watering just thinking about them.
I like my migas with a lot of chips!!! You may want to use 1/2 the chips, it’s up to you.
These migas are super easy to make, delicious and the spice level is completely adjustable for your tolerance. I like mine with some ay yi yi yi!!!
complete recipe to follow pictures
Toss in chopped jalapenos and onions and sautee until the onions begin to soften and the smell has you wanting to scoop them up with a chip and devour
While the onions and jalapenos are cooking mix your eggs, cheese and salsa together in a bowl or large measuring cup; when the onions and jalapenos are ready, slowly pour the egg mixture all around the pan to cover
allow the eggs to firm up a bit and then using a wooden spoon or spatula gently move them around to distribute the eggs. This is the time you’re going to top the eggs with the broken corn tortilla chips Like I said, I like a LOT of tortilla chips in my Migas
Gently, using your spoon/spatula/spoonula, incorporate the eggs and the chips together and let it cook until the eggs reach the firmness that you desire!
Spoon into a dish and top with a dash more salsa and even some cilantro if you like it!
Now, for the printable easier to read recipe 😉
Summary: Delicious Hearty Eggs with jalapenos, cheese, onions, salsa and corn tortilla chips
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 C chopped jalapenos (I use nacho sliced and then chop them, so much easier. You CAN use fresh, they’re awesome but, this recipe is about the easy)
- 1 C (roughly a good handful) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 C salsa (plus additional for topping)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- handful of corn tortilla chips, broken
- dice the onions and jalapenos and grate the cheese
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and then add in the onions and jalapenos.
- While the onions and jalapenos cook; crack the eggs and whisk them together with the salsa and cheese.
- When the jalapenos and onions have reached the point where they’re soft and fragrant and you want to scoop them up with a chip and devour them…
- Pour in the eggs and make sure you get all the cheese and salsa in, too.
- Let the egg mixture firm up a bit and then top with your broken chips, softly and gently use a spoon to push the mixture around to make sure that everything gets cooked. 7. Serve topped with a bit more salsa. You can garnish with more jalapenos, cilantro and even fresh diced tomatoes.
* you could use fresh onions, jalapenos, tomatoes and cilantro instead of salsa. * Just saute all of those together and then add in the eggs. * You can use corn tortillas instead of corn tortilla chips, I just prefer corn tortilla chips
I can’t wait to see what y’all have been cooking! Thank you so much for sharing your recipes with me!
Please use your recipe URL for the linky. Make sure you link back here in your post! Leave a comment on here after linking up and then go visit others who have linked up.