Chicken Thighs marinated in Tequila, Lime and Orange Juice
There’s so much to love about this simple, tossed together recipe. I love every bit of it. Heat, sweet, zing, zest, bite… just yes.
Tangy citrus, zingy tequila, subtle heat from the jalapeno… marinate for a day and then grill… oh yes.
This is one of those recipes that just works. There’s acid and heat and subtle and sweet and it all works with the ridiculously juicy thighs to make an amazing grilled dish (this also does amazing things to shrimp.. just sayin’)
Tequila Citrus Chicken Thighs
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1/2 C orange juice
- 1/2 C lime juice the juice of 4 limes, save the “bodies”
- 1/2 C tequila
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 jalapeno fresh, chopped (if you’re sensitive to heat..remove the seeds)
- Chop 1 jalapeno (seed it if necessary)
- zest 1 lime
- juice 4 limes and save bodies
- mix together jalapeno, lime juice, lime bodies, lime zest, tequila, dash of salt, pepper and orange juice
- place chicken thighs in a bag and pour the marinade over it.
- marinate overnight. Turn every 4 – 6 hours to ensure that thighs are fully coated
- grill over medium-high heat until fully cooked or sautee in a skillet with a bit of butter