I love having friends over. I love feeding my friends and I get a special thrill when I see them devouring and loving the food that I’ve prepared. So, Friday night we had friends over for a BBQ.
We grilled some wicked pork chops
flame broiled grilled up some amazing chicken quarters
I served Summer Breezes
We made crazy drool-worthy bbq side dishes that were cool, zingy, tangy and downright incredible
Chilled German Style Potato Salad
In case you can’t tell, the sun was setting and I was scrambling to capture the golden light
Chilled Confetti Corn Salad
Today, y’all are getting the recipes for both the side dishes that I created for this BBQ.
I love fresh, crisp, chilled foods for barbecue side dishes when it’s hot outside. This Chilled Confetti Salad was a massive hit with everyone, even the kids. One friend was even eating this with chips like an appetizer! 🙂 I think you should definitely serve this confetti salad with fresh limes so everyone can squeeze lime over their serving.
- 8 - 10 whole ears of corn, shucked (or 2 cans of corn)
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, diced
- 6 split (3 and 3)
- Shuck the corn, remove the silk, and cook OR open two cans corn and drain. Cool corn and remove kernels from cob, OR you have your already drained corn. Place in a bowl.
- Dice peppers and jalapenos and add to the bowl
- Chop/mince/dice green onions down to where it starts to get white right at the bulb, add to the bowl
- Squeeze the juice of 3 limes over the bowl and toss all the ingredients together; refrigerate for 30 minutes to overnight. Stir prior to serving and serve with the other 3 limes, cut into small squeezable pieces.