Let me say this now, this is more a method than a recipe 🙂 and some of y’all aren’t going to like these because they have food coloring in them. You could always use different flavors of pudding or jello and they’d be adorable, but when the kids and I set out to make these it was a -spur-of-the-moment, use-what-you-have-in-the-house kind of thing. Additionally, yes I know that’s not *white* 😉
You still with me? Good 🙂
You need Two 5.1 oz packages of Vanilla Pudding Mix, plastic cups (we used ones that I think might be a tad too big. I think they were 9 oz.) Use small ones- or if you’re lucky enough to have them, use popsicle molds! Craft sticks and food coloring.
Mix the pudding according to box directions (usually just add milk) Divide the pudding into 3 bowls, color one bowl red and one blue. Pour in layers into the cups, if you’re quite particular about the even-ness of layers, don’t let your 4 yo and 7 yo be in charge of the layers 😉
Put a popsicle/craft stick in the center of each cup
Concentrate really hard to make sure the popsicle stick gets EXACTLY in the center
Once the pudding pops are frozen,
use scissors to cut a slice through the rim and into the cup, peel the cup away from the pudding pop and enjoy!
The kids are completely head over heels for these and I swear y’all, they remind me SO much of those pudding pops from childhood!
Seriously though, USE SMALLER CUPS! Like everything else in Texas, these are *bigger*
- 2 boxes, 5.1 oz Vanilla Pudding
- Craft/popsicle sticks
- disposable plastic cups or popsicle molds
- food coloring, red and blue
- These would be SO fun for birthday parties in rainbows or for sporting events in team colors
- Make pudding according to box instructions
- Divide into 3 bowls
- Color one bowl red and one bowl blue
- Layer into cups/molds
- Freeze overnight
- To enjoy, use scissors to cut the top of the cup and peel from the popsicle (or run warm water around the mold and then release the popsicle from the mold)
If you’ve made something similar to these, I’d love to hear about it/see your recipe/method :-)!
What do y’all think of my new zip-list formatting?
Happy 4th y’all!