Red, White, and Blue Color Burst Mason Jar Cupcakes
Do you want some Sewing Inspiration for Holiday Gift Ideas? Skip To My Lou has those!
How about some new Craft Ideas for handmade Holiday Gifts? According to Kelly has those!
Need ideas for Homemade Food Gift ideas for the Holidays? I’ll have those here!
You can visit each of our blogs every day in September for great inspiration for all your Handmade Holiday Ideas!!
Today’s guest poster is Alissa from Rags To Stitches Take it away, Alissa!
Hi, My name is Alissa and I blog over at Rags to Stitches. I hope you’ll stop by and say “Hello,” I love meeting new friends. I’m so excited to be guest posting a yummy recipe here with Rachel today. I love to bake! Cooking, not so much my forte, but there’s nothing like the smell of dessert baking in your kitchen. The recipe I’m going to share with you is for a yummy dessert I recently made for the 4th of July get together we had, but you could created this recipe for Halloween, Christmas, or even Valentines Day. My favorite part about this recipe…
It’s served in a mason jar!
Mix well so that all the color blends evenly into the cake mix.
Grab a mason jar and we’re ready to build our treat. First add 1/2 a red cupcake, then create a small layer of whipping cream. Next, add 1/2 a white cupcake, then another small layer of whipping cream. Finally, add 1/2 a blue cupcake. On the top, add a scoop of ice cream; I used strawberry and vanilla. Then I completed my dessert by adding some more whip cream, a cherry, a variety of great ice cream toppings and topped it off with some syrup.
The finished product and I even added a cherry on top to add that little extra flair to these adorable mason jar cupcakes!
- Box of white cake mix, and ingredients called for on box to make cake mix
- 1 Quart Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla extract
- Food Coloring
- Your favorite ice cream flavors
- Non pareils, sprinkles, sugar crystals etc...
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 F
The Colorful Cupcake Layers
- Make the cake mix according to the box directions
- Divide the cake mix into bowls (3 - or as many colors as you want to use)
- Add food coloring to each bowl that you want to make colored cupcakes with and stir and add until your desired color saturation is reached.
- Spray or line your cupcake tins, pour in the batter and bake - according to package directions.
- Once the cupcakes are done baking, allow them to cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then remove to cooling racks and allow to cool completely (this can take several hours)
- Remove the cupcakes from their liners and cut in half (so you have a top and bottom) set aside
Yummy Whip Cream Layer
- Using a hand mixer whip together the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and sugar until soft and fluffy
Layering - will use the colors red, white and blue for the example layering instructions:
Grab your first mason jar and get ready!
- Place half a red cupcake in the bottom of the mason jar
- Top with a nice fluffy layer of whip cream
- Add half a white cupcake on top of the whip cream layer
- Top with another layer of whip cream
- Add half a blue cupcake on top of this whip cream layer
- If you're serving these immediately - top with ice cream and your favorite toppings and devour!
- If you're giving these as gifts; screw the top on the mason jar, affix a cute label with serving directions and keep refrigerated until time to deliver!
Let’s Be Social! Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for an even deeper glimpse into our lives, and make sure you subscribe to my newsletter for yummy recipes right in your inbox and exclusive content you won’t see on my site!