Dump Cakes aka One Pan Bible Study Cakes are one of the staples of southern living and this Pumpkin Crunch Cake Recipe falls under this heading and then some.
Hi, A Southern Fairytale readers, I’m Kim from Today’s Creative Blog where you’ll find the top creative blogs full of inspiration.
Once the leaves start changing, my husband and son start asking for this dessert. I received it from a neighbor of mine a few years ago. It’s also a favorite with my ladies bunco group. This has become a quick, easy and my “go-to” dessert for the winter months. You get that yummy pumpkin taste without the hassle of making a pumpkin pie.
You’ll get Major Bonus Points for serving this with homemade Brown Sugar Amaretto Whipped Cream or Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream.
Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 Cup chopped pecans
- 1 Cup butter, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
- Grease/Butter a 9X13 Baking Dish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine: pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and salt - mix well, until completely and thoroughly combined
- Pour into the baking dish
- Top this with the cake mix... crumbling over the pumpkin mix until evenly distributed
- Add the nuts, spreading evenly over the top of the baking dish
- Drizzle with melted butter
- Bake 50 - 60 minutes
- Serve warm... bonus points for homemade whipped cream or blue bell vanilla ice cream.
My brown sugar amaretto whipped cream pairs beautifully with this pumpkin crunch cake.
Amount Per Serving Calories 529 Total Fat 27g Saturated Fat 13g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 12g Cholesterol 112mg Sodium 673mg Carbohydrates 66g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 48g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 7g
Today’s Creative Blog
Twitter – TCreativeBlogs
Do you want some Sewing Inspiration for Holiday Gift Ideas? Skip To My Lou has those!
How about some new Craft Ideas for handmade Holiday Gifts? According to Kelly has those!
Need ideas for Homemade Food Gift ideas for the Holidays? I’ll have those here!
You can visit each of our blogs every day in September for great inspiration for all your Handmade Holiday Ideas!!
Let’s Be Social! Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for an even deeper glimpse into our lives, and make sure you subscribe to my newsletter for yummy recipes right in your inbox and exclusive content you won’t see on my site!