I can’t believe this is month 5! The final month of my VELVEETA and Ro*Tel® partnership with BlogFrog!
This month was a recipe of my choice and since I grew up on Chicken Spaghetti, I decided to update my own chicken spaghetti recipe and use Penne pasta instead of spaghetti noodles, and topping it with Panko instead of shredded cheese and broiled it for the last few minutes to get those all nice and golden brown and crispy.
The stars of this month’s recipe were traditional VELVEETA & original Ro*Tel® along with a cream of mushroom soup with garlic and lots of veggies
This recipe is super quick, delicious, yummy and very family friendly! If you want to spice it up a little bit – use the VELVEETA – pepperjack or mild mexican or even the Hot Ro*Tel®.
I’m really loving this new twist on an old favorite and I hope y’all will, too!
- 1 roaster chicken
- 1 10 oz can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 14 oz VELVEETA, cubed
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Bell peppers, I used red and orange, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 10 oz penne pasta
- Panko bread crumbs
- Use a leftover roaster chicken, leftover chicken breasts or cook your own roaster chicken
To Cook The Chicken
- Put the chicken and your favorite seasoning blend into a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil ,once the water is boiling, cover the pot, turn off the heat and allow to cool. Remove the chicken from the pot (save the water to cook your penne in) and once it's cool enough, shred all the chicken and set it aside.
If you don't cook your own chicken or after your chicken is cooled - these are the next steps
- Pre-heat oven to 350 ℉
- Melt the butter in a large skillet - add in the onions and bell peppers and cook until crisp tender.
- Add in VELVEETA, Ro*Tel® and Soup - cook until bubbling
- While that mixture is bubbling, cook your penne pasta
- Add the chicken and cooked pasta to the VELVEETA mixture and stir well
- Pour into a 9X13 casserole dish, smooth it all out and top with Panko bread crumbs
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbling
- Turn the broiler on HI and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or just long enough to get the breadcrumbs all nice and crispy and golden brown
This is a delicious twist on a classic Southern favorite, a great way to use leftover chicken in a new way.
Don’t Forget about the amazing Weeknight Wow Sweepstakes!!($1,000 given away each week, and one grand prize winner of $15,000!)
My other VELVEETA & Ro*Tel® recipes:
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakes to encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.