Happy Birthday to me.
Happy Birthday to me.
Happy Birthday, Dear 34.
Happy Birthday to me 🙂
Today, August 7th, is my 34th birthday, and I think that every girl should celebrate her summer birthday with a tonguegasmically delicious, creamy, tangy, perfectly perfect summer dessert.
I don’t know about y’all…
But for me, Lemonade is synonymous with summer.
Humongous portions of my childhood summer memories involve lemonade.
Whether it was lemonade stands in my parent’s front yard, lemonade from a machine at the pool, or sticky fingers from homemade raspberry lemonade at friends houses…
Lemonade just seems to personify summer.
Thanks to Tina and her brilliant Crazy Cooking Challenge – I get to celebrate my birthday with an entire recipe round-up surrounding one of my very favorite desserts – Cheesecake and one of my very favorite summer treats.
For me, this challenge required no research.
I knew exactly what recipe I wanted to make and write about for my birthday CCC.
Jamie from My Baking Addiction is amazingly talented.
Every time I visit her blog I am inspired and frequently drooling. Her food photography is breathtaking and her recipes are wonderfully simple and mouthwatering.
The moment that I first saw Jamie’s, No Bake Raspberry-Lemon Cheesecake I pinned it and put it on my MUST MAKE SOON list.
Can you blame me?
Fresh Raspberries, Cream Cheese, Lemon Zest and real lemon juice, frozen whipped topping and crushed graham crackers and no baking involved!
Perfect summer dessert!
Combine this with individual servings and you’ve got a picture perfect summer party dessert
I made these cheesecakes and when I went to photograph them, the doorbell rang.
I hollered at the kids to watch the table and make sure that the dog and the flies (I shoot outdoors) couldn’t get to the cheesecakes and went to answer the door.
I wasn’t gone 5 minutes.
I came back to this:
My children are as weak as I am when it comes to tonguegasmic desserts.
I know y’all want the recipe, so I’ll share it.
I very slightly adapted this from Jamie’s recipe – y’all should go see Jamie’s original recipe and follow her, she is nothing less than amazing.
No Bake Raspberry Lemonade Cheesecakes
- Inspired and minimally adapted by the Raspberry Lemon Cheesecakes from My Baking Addiction
- 1 C Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 C butter melted
Raspberry Lemonade Filling
- 2/3 C sugar
- zest of 2 medium lemons
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 3 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste I prefer this over vanilla extract
- 1 C plus 2 Tbsp thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 1/4 C fresh raspberries slightly mashed
- 1/4 C Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/4 C Sugar
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- Fresh Raspberries
For the Crust
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Divide this evenly between your serving dishes and press to form a crust.
For the Filling
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar and lemon zest until the sugar is fragrant and the zest is fully incorporated.
- Add in cream cheese and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Add in the lemon zest and mix on medium-low until combined.
- Turn off the mixer and use a spatula to fold the whipped topping into the mixture, once the whipped topping is fully incorporated -- fold in the mashed raspberries.
- Divide the filling among the serving dishes using a spoon, a piping bag or whatever means works best for you.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Blend together the sugar and lemon zest
- Prior to serving, sprinkle the lemon sugar and graham cracker crumbs over each cheesecake.
- Top with fresh raspberries