For the HEB Meal Maker Challenge Week 2, the featured ingredient was Hebrew National Hot Dogs.
When I think Hot Dogs, I think homemade corn dogs, barbecues, summer and grilling.
However, I wanted to do something unique, fun, surprising… delicious.
When I told my family about this recipe… they collectively turned up their noses.
Seriously, they looked at me like I had lost my mind.
Then they tasted these Hot Dog Pizza-Dillas … and they were hooked.
These are good.
Really REALLY good.
I wanted to create a family friendly recipe, but not do the expected.
When we hit Mexican restaurants, my kids order quesadillas or nachos.
Hot Dog Nachos just didn’t hold any appeal to me, so I decided to try Hot Dog Quesadillas with a twist.
Pizza and Hot Dogs – two things that are staples of every family’s meal plan.
Add in made in under 30 minutes and truly delicious… BOO YAH!
yes, I just said Boo-Yah.
It was almost a joke.. a test when I bought the ingredients for this recipe.
One bite in… it was no longer a joke. This is a seriously delicious recipe.
These were devoured by everyone aged 5 to 50…
This is a recipe that will quiet the skeptics.
Honestly… it’ll quiet everyone in the kitchen because their mouths will be full of deliciousness.
Crisp tortillas, rich tomato sauce, hot, crisp Hebrew National Franks and some ooey gooey cheese…
How could you go wrong?
Hot Dog Pizza-Dillas
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 small jar pizza sauce
- 4 Hebrew National Bun Size Beef Hot Dogs
- 2 C pizza mix shredded cheese ie: parmesan, romano, mozzarella mix
- In a medium skillet, melt ¼ Tbsp butter
- Pre-heat griddle to 375 °F
- Cut both ends off 4 Hebrew National Beef hot dogs and then cut the hot dogs
- into thin circles, put the cut hot dog circles into the skillet and cook – stirring
- occasionally for about 7 or 8 minutes, until the hot dogs are crispy and smell
- While the hot dogs are cooking – spread pizza sauce onto one side of 8
- tortillas, sprinkle the tortillas with the cheese mixture.
- Once the hot dogs are cooked – remove them from the skillet and place them
- in a paper towel lined colander
- Spread the hot dog slices around 4 of the sauce and cheese topped tortillas –
- top that tortilla with the other.
- Place all 4 quesadillas on your griddle and cook about 4 to 5 minutes – or
- until the tortilla is crispy and the cheese is melted, flip and repeat on the
- other side.
- Remove from the griddle when done and place on a cooling rack for a few
- minutes prior to cutting.
- Slice into triangles or quesadilla ‘sticks’ – whichever your family prefers and
- serve with extra pizza sauce or ranch for dipping
Last Week’s Meal Maker Challenge Recipe: Individual Spinach and Mushroom Frittatas
Last year’s Hebrew National Franks Recipe: Dippin’ Dogs
As with last year’s challenge – this is more than just a recipe creation challenge – it’s also a competition. The 2 bloggers whose recipes receive the most votes will meet up in a head to head live cook-off at Texas HEB for a chance to win a $1000 HEB gift card. Y’all can vote once a day for your favorite recipes, it’s up to y’all who goes to this cook-off. I urge y’all to go look at the other Meal Maker Challenge participants – they’re an exceptional bunch of people and please, vote for your favorites!
As an added bonus: I’ll be sharing with y’all the HEB in store Combo Loco Deals that y’all can find in your own HEB stores:
August 1st – August 28th: Buy two Hebrew National Franks or H-E-B Smoked Sausage/Hot Dogs, get PAM Cooking Spray and Hunt’s Ketchup Free with In Store Coupon
I’m a compensated participant in HEB and ConAgra Foods Meal Maker Challenge. The recipes and opinions are 100% my own, as is my hope that you’ll vote for my recipes daily so that I can participate in a live cook-off at a Texas H-E-B store in an effort to win a $1000 H-E-B gift card.