Hey y’all! Welcome to DAY 3 of #bakecraftsew Handmade Holidays!
I’m so thrilled to introduce y’all to today’s contributor! I absolutely adore Lindsey, the brilliant talent behind Cafe’ Johnsonia. I adore Lindsey’s spirit, and sweet heart. She always has the nicest things to say to people, she’s witty, smart, and extremely talented. If y’all haven’t met her yet, I recommend y’all scoot on over to Cafe’ Johnsonia and say Hi, and if I were y’all – I’d start with this Roasted Fennel and Butternut Squash Soup!
Hi there! I’m Lindsey Johnson from Cafe Johnsonia.I’m so happy to be joining in the holiday bake, craft & sew for the first time this year.
We always give homemade goodies away to neighbors and friends during the holiday. Usually I make caramels and toffee. One of my favorite gifts to receive is homemade granola. So this year that’s what I decided to give as gifts instead of candy. My Gingerbread Granola is a variation on Molly Wizenberg’s Everyday Granola. It’s packed with oats, nuts and coconut, fragrant spices and candied ginger. It smells divine as it’s baking and tastes just like gingerbread cookies. I hope you’ll love it as much as we do!
I’ve put together a little tutorial to show you how easy it is to make granola at home. (It’s also quite a bit cheaper!)
Let’s get started! Here are our ingredients: oats, coconut, nuts, brown sugar, molasses, honey, coconut oil, spices, and candied ginger. Most of these you probably already have in your cupboard right now.
Next you stir the oats, coconut and pecans together in a large bowl
Then stir together the brown sugar, honey, molasses, coconut oil, spices and salt.
Heat the liquid ingredients just until boiling. That takes about 3-5 minutes depending on how high the heat is on the stove. Pour the syrup over the dry ingredients.
Stir well with a wooden spoon until everything is coated.
Spread on a a parchment-lined rimmed baking.
Bake for 30 minutes at 300 degree F, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Transfer to jars or bags.
Add a cute tag. I made a gingerbread man tag using a small cookie cutter.
And it’s ready to give away!
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, or shredded
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 2 Tablespoons organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground white pepper, optional
- 1/4-1/2 cup diced candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 300° F
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir oats, coconut flakes and pecans together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, stir together brown sugar, honey, molasses, coconut oil, salt and all of the spices. Heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly, just until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Pour the syrup over the dry ingredients and stir until everything is well-coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- Transfer to jars or bags and label to give away as yummy gifts.
For more great recipes, visit Cafe Johnsonia. Keep up with Lindsey on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Thank you so much, Lindsey! My mouth is literally watering! I can’t wait to whip a batch of this up!
Y’all make sure and visit Lindsey today to enter to win the amazing giveaway we’ve got going on! You can enter everyday
All month long, I will be sharing delicious and delectable kitchen gifts from 30 amazing bloggers here on A Southern Fairytale! Don’t forget to head on over to According to Kelly for 30 fabulous crafty gifts and Skip to my Lou to get your sewing inspiration on!
Did I mention the giveaways?
- The wonderful people at Ninja Kitchen have donated a Ninja Ultima Blender
- My favorite camera bags are epiphanie bags and one of y’all will get to pick out a Stella in your choice of color!!!!! (this is the one I’m drooling over!) –they are also giving each of my contributors a special little bonus because they are that awesome!
- Laura from Momables is donating a ONE YEAR subscription to her amazing meal planning service and a $25 Amazon Gift Card!
- I’m giving away to of my very favorite food-centric books: The brand new mouthwateringly beautiful Bountiful: Recipes Inspired by Our Gardenby the supremely talented and lovely couple of White on Rice, Todd and Diane. This book is absolutely gorgeous, I’ve spent hours looking through my copy and drooling over recipes. I really want to move in next door to them.
- I’m also giving away one of my favorite food photography books: Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Deanna Garretson of Design Chicky (my blog designer) is donating a $100 Design Credit! She can help you create custom recipe cards, Facebook page, or whichever one of her services you’d like!
Make sure that y’all are subscribed so that y’all can keep up with all the goodness coming up this month, and for your chances to enter to win the goodies above!!!!