Hi, Southern Fairytale readers! This is Emily (again) from is this REALLY my life? and I’m so excited to participate (again) in this year’s Handmade Holidays: Bake, Craft, Sew Along because it gives me a dang good excuse (again) to whip up something yummy in the kitchen.
Why all the agains? Apparently my fake blonde hair provided me with a real blonde moment—I signed up twice this year without realizing it. Sadly, that doesn’t surprise me.
Hopefully you’ll forgive me (and humor Rachel) when you see this scrumptious pumpkin bundt cake with cream cheese frosting I created just in time for the holiday season.
And this post.
This pumpkin bundt cake is a twist on my favorite decadent chocolate bundt cake. It is super easy to throw together and turns out so yummy both in presentation and taste. Like the holiday pumpkin dip I featured last week (*sigh*), you’ll want to serve it at every holiday party.
Believe me, you’ll totally become the favorite if you aren’t already.
A ginormous thank-you to Rachel for letting me guest post (again). For more yummy recipes (and a bit of humor), you can visit me at isthisREALLYmylife.com. You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Happy holidays!
Make sure y’all go over to Emily’s and tell her Hi and enter our AMAZING GIVEAWAY!!!!!
You can enter EVERY DAY!!!!
All month long, I will be sharing delicious and delectable kitchen gifts from 30 amazing bloggers here on A Southern Fairytale! Don’t forget to head on over to According to Kelly for 30 fabulous crafty gifts and Skip to my Lou to get your sewing inspiration on!
Did I mention the giveaways?
- We have the unbelievably awesome Ninja Ultima Blender
- Epiphanie Bags are my favorite camera bags, and one of y’all is getting a Stella in your choice of color!!!!! (this is the one I’m drooling over!) –they are also giving each of my contributors a special little bonus because they are that awesome!
- Laura from Momables is donating a ONE YEAR subscription to her amazing meal planning service and a $25 Amazon Gift Card!
- I’m giving away to of my very favorite food-centric books: The brand new mouthwateringly beautiful Bountiful: Recipes Inspired by Our Gardenby the supremely talented and lovely couple of White on Rice, Todd and Diane. This book is absolutely gorgeous, I’ve spent hours looking through my copy and drooling over recipes. I really want to move in next door to them.
- I’m also giving away one of my favorite food photography books: Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Deanna Garretson of Design Chicky (my blog designer) is donating a $100 Design Credit! She can help you create custom recipe cards, Facebook page, or whichever one of her services you’d like!
Make sure that y’all are subscribed so that y’all can keep up with all the goodness coming up this month, and for your chances to enter to win the goodies above!!!!
- 1 box Pillsbury Perfectly Pumpkin cake mix
- 1 small box French vanilla, or vanilla instant pudding
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 lb confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup milk or more depending on preferred consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt cake pan.
- Beat sour cream, eggs, water and oil together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Add cake mix and pudding mix and beat on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour batter into greased pan and bake 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan and then invert onto serving platter. Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting, beat butter and cream cheese in mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add confectioner’s sugar and beat until smooth. Add vanilla and milk and beat until desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled bundt cake.