Happy Friday, y’all! How was your week? I guess I should say weeks, since I missed last week. Sorry, I was so busy playing catch up from the cruise, and I was barely on the computer at all! We have been playing with some delicious recipes, though. Cookies, cakes, and stir fry oh my!!!!
There are so many things bringing me happiness, I can’t wait to share them with y’all. Are you ready?
- Have you discovered the Welcome to Night Vale podcast. Oh my, y’all – it’s like H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaman, and Stephen King got together, created a world, and then walked away letting it just go on.
- The Arrow t.v. series, do y’all know this series? I love it. We got rid of cable/t.v. about 3 months ago and we now use Fire TV Stick and Apple TV through which we stream HULU and Netflix – love. love. love.
- Thanks to an incredible partnership with NRG & Reliant, on March 22nd, Nathan and I are going to see Luke Bryan at the Houston Rodeo and thanks to their generosity, I’m also running a giveaway for a reader to win 2 tickets to see Luke Bryan, a $200 Justin Boots Voucher and an NRG portable power pack!!! << there’s also a recipe for smoked turkey legs.
- Jim aka BusyDad pretty much wins the internet every time he blogs. He had me laughing out loud with this Amazing! Kale! Recipes! Wow! post
- Do you have a media kit? If the answer is no, slap yourself on the wrist and then immediately check out this awesome post by One 2 One Network on what a media kit should include and why it’s so important to have one. 12 Tips to Creating A Great Media Kit For Your Blog
- You have to read this post by Sugar Rae on the ONE change she made that increased her e-mail subscription conversion rate by over 50%
- I was honored to speak to The Houston Bloggers monthly meeting, and at the Thrive Conference for bloggers this past weekend. I love getting to share my passion for blogging, food, photography and styling with others. It was so much fun, and I met some truly awesome people! Like Meg. Meg is adorable, talented, and loves sparkle. I adore Meg.
Eats and Treats
- I can’t wait to make these Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Rolls from I Wash, You Dry
- This French Toast Bake from Lil Luna has me drooling and wanting to plan a slumber party
- Mexican food is my favorite, and these Skinny Beef Enchiladas from Shugary Sweets – Y’all – YUM!!!
- Shoot Every Damn Day is a fabulous photo inspiration/instagram/website that my friend, Lucrecer started. If you love taking pictures and sometimes feel like you need inspiration, ideas, or a community to support you – DO IT! Join the #shooteverydamnday community today!
What’s Making You Happy?