Happy 40th birthday Nathan.
40 years ago today – the world shifted and became better, because you were born.
Today is one of my favorite days of the year; it’s the day you were born, the day that God placed my other half on this earth.
You are one of the most incredible people I’ve ever known. I have learned so much from you over the past 18 years.
You’ve taught me compassion, selflessness, confidence, laughter, forgiveness, strength, joy, love, and so much more.
You are the man who captured my heart and healed it.
Without you, I would not be who I am, where I am.
Every one of my accomplishments, is because you stand beside me cheering me on, supporting me and encouraging me.
your compassion for others humbles me.
Your love and passion for our children brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart.
The fire in your eyes when you look at me makes me all giggly and tingly.
When you say I love you and kiss me, the outside world ceases to exist.
You are my husband, my best friend, my lover, my partner, my strength.
I love you more today than yesterday, and tomorrow I’ll love you even more.
The power of what we have and the strength of my feelings for you weakens me and brings tears to my eyes, yet fills me with peace and strength.
I can be having the worst day ever, and all it takes is your voice, your touch and I’m soothed.
Happy Birthday, Nathan. I love you so much more than my 19 year old self could ever have imagined possible.
Then, Now and Always
40 things I love about you
1. the tears in your eyes when the doctor told us we were having a girl
2. the shock on your face when your dad hung up on you when you told him we were having a girl
3. you asked my dad
4. the way you held tight when I gave birth to both our kids
5. watching you with your brothers
6. the way you treat my brothers
7. you saved me
8. you sent me to Laura
9. you know me better than I know myself
10. your smile
11. You never let me win at pool, darts, shuffleboard… anything….Jack’s Roadhouse
12. I’ve never known anyone with as passionate a servant’s heart as you
13. You’ve loved me through every single thing
14. the way you look at me
15. how you treated your mom
16. you treat me like I’m precious
17. you are showing our daughter that she is precious and deserves to be cherished
18. you are setting the example for our son as to how a true man treats a woman
19. watching you dance with your mom at our wedding
20. the night you asked me to be your girlfriend
21. you brought me Casey
22. you know me better than I know myself
23. you believe in me
24. you truly find joy in doing for others
25. when you hold my hand and run your thumb across mine
26. you laugh when I cry at movies, yet wipe away my tears, and tell me you love my sappy heart
27. you love our children fiercely and deeply
28. you believe in me
29. your work ethic is unparalleled
30. you aren’t afraid to be vulnerable
31. you keep me in line
32. you’ve taught me to be a better person
33. no matter what our kids want to do, be, try – you support them whole-heartedly
34. your kisses
35. your smile
36. you are the most selfless person I’ve ever met
37. you are fiercely loyal, and I’ve learned so much about friendship, and being a friend from you
38. I still get butterflies when you look at me
39. everyone who knows you is better for knowing you
40. the rest of my life looks amazing, because it will be spent with you by my side.
Nathan, I love you more than I will ever have the words to tell you. You are everything I hope our children will be, everything the world needs to make it better. You are love, hope, determination, joy, passion, caring, and strength. You still make my heart flutter and skip a beat and the way you look at me… I still feel 19.
Thank you for being you.
I am so grateful for you.
Happy 40th birthday.
I love you… then, now, always