I have this incredible urge to run around shouting, “It’s Fall, y’all!” because… it’s FALL, y’all!!! Bring out the Crock Pots and slow cookers, bring on the pot roast, bring on the cinnamon, comfort foods, cute boots, and cooler weather.
please, please, please bring on the cooler weather.
My calendar tells me it’s Fall, our football and cheer schedules tell me it’s Fall, my desire to make scrumptious, comfort foods like this quick and easy slow cooker pot roast tell me that it’s Fall
Texas weather has yet to get the memo, though.
I need Texas to get the Fall memo, it’s about time to break out the boots, and 3/4 sleeve shirts, and even the occasional denim jacket with boots and dresses!
Back to slow cookers and pot roast, because this one’s for all my busy teacher friends who’ve requested easy slow cooker recipes.
In trying to make the quickest, easiest, most delicious slow cooker pot roast that would work for everyone, I made this 4 times in 2 weeks. THIS is the one that Nathan, Princess, and Monkey declared their favorite. As in they ate it, all of it, and asked for more, and asked when I was making it again. I made it again, my mom ate it and complimented me on it. YAY! WIN!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast for EVERYONE!
This pot roast absolutely falls to pieces, it melts in your mouth, you barely need 2 forks to shred it. The flavors are subtle, but they tantalize the taste buds. Scrumptious, easy, and Fall fabulous!
- 1 3 lb beef rump roast
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb 16 oz bag baby carrots
- 1 lb 16 oz baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 can, 10.5 oz french onion soup
- 1 can, 10.5 oz golden mushroom soup (beefy mushroom will work, if there's no golden mushroom)
- 1/2 of a 6 oz can of tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the onion and place it on the bottom of the slow cooker, along with half the carrots and potatoes
- Season the roast with salt and pepper on all sides
- Place the roast in the slow cooker on top of the sliced onion
- Add in the garlic, surround with the rest of the baby carrots and potatoes
- Pour in the soups and tomato paste
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 4 to 6; shred with forks and allow to simmer on warm/low for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour for the best results
a bit more time roast
- Take 1 Cup flour, 1 Tablespoon pepper, 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, and 2 cloves crushed garlic. Coat the roast with this mixture on all sides. Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat and melt 2 Tablespoons butter. Sear all sides of the roast and then add it per step 3
Tools Used in this recipe:
There are affiliate links included in this post, if you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase it won’t cost you anything extra, but I will get a few pennies from your purchase which helps me to maintain the costs included in running A Southern Fairytale and pursuing my passion for photography, recipe development, speaking, teaching, and sharing with others.