A Southern Thanksgiving Spread is a glorious thing to behold, as anyone who’s ever attended a Southern Thanksgiving knows.
Southerners know food, y’all… and being a 7th generation Texan and lord knows how many generations upon generations Southerner… Kentucky and Texas, y’all…
plus having grown up with a straight up apron wearing-cast iron cooking – pecans in chicken salad – junior leaguing – church lady, Granny…
I have southern clout, y’all. Cast iron southern clout.
Add to that my many years of working in and running restaurants…and hosting framily friendsgivings… these recipes are tested and then tested again.
The Main Event
8 years ago I posted a Turkey Recipe.. 8 years later… it’s still one of the most popular recipes, my favorite turkey recipe, and the poblano gravy has a cult following
- Soy Brined Turkey is always a hit and super easy to make – even for a first time briner!
Side Dish Life
- Smoky Hatch Chili Mac and Cheese – this mac and cheese is unlike any mac and cheese you’ve had before
- This Savory Dijon Wine Vinaigrette turns any winter salad into the most amazing salad you’ve ever had.
- Marinated Green Bean Salad – this can be made days ahead of time and I swear it gets better with time
- Crunchy Panko Crusted Green Bean Casserole – a twist on an old favorite
- Cheesy Chipotle, Corn, and Zucchini Casserole – this is one of the older recipes on here, and it has a serious cult following. It’s crazy amazing.
- Cast Iron Cornbread aka Southern Skillet Cornbread – this is truly a must and not just for Thanksgiving
Whether you call it Dressing or Stuffing; this Chorizo Poblano Dressing is hands down the best stuffing/dressing side dish you’ll ever eat
The Sweet Life
- These quick and easy sopapilla beignets are a blend of new orleans and texas and are a sweet and delicious treat that are easy to make and a perfect end to any celebration
- Granny’s Texas Sheetcake has over a million views and there’s a reason that it’s the most popular recipe on this blog.
Second only to Granny’s Texas Sheetcake are the Texas Sheetcake Cupcakes with Bourbon Glazed Pecans
What are your Thanksgiving MUST haves? Are you a traditionalist or do y’all try something new every year?