Southerners know food, y’all… and being a 7th generation Texan and lord knows how many generations upon generations Southerner… Kentucky and Texas, y’all…
plus having grown up with a straight up apron wearing-cast iron cooking – pecans in chicken salad – junior leaguing – church lady, Granny…
I have southern clout, y’all. Cast iron southern clout.
Add to that my many years of working in and running restaurants…and hosting framily friendsgivings… these recipes are tested and then tested again.
The Main Event
8 years ago I posted a Turkey Recipe.. 8 years later… it’s still one of the most popular recipes, my favorite turkey recipe, and the poblano gravy has a cult following
Side Dish Life
- Smoky Hatch Chili Mac and Cheese – this mac and cheese is unlike any mac and cheese you’ve had before
- This Savory Dijon Wine Vinaigrette turns any winter salad into the most amazing salad you’ve ever had.
- Marinated Green Bean Salad – this can be made days ahead of time and I swear it gets better with time
- Crunchy Panko Crusted Green Bean Casserole – a twist on an old favorite
Whether you call it Dressing or Stuffing; this Chorizo Poblano Dressing is hands down the best stuffing/dressing side dish you’ll ever eat
The Sweet Life
- These quick and easy sopapilla beignets are a blend of new orleans and texas and are a sweet and delicious treat that are easy to make and a perfect end to any celebration
- Granny’s Texas Sheetcake has over a million views and there’s a reason that it’s the most popular recipe on this blog.
Second only to Granny’s Texas Sheetcake are the Texas Sheetcake Cupcakes with Bourbon Glazed Pecans