One Pan Sweet and Spicy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Thank you to Kiolbassa Smoked Meats for sponsoring this recipe
Brussels Sprouts are not one of those foods that I used to jump up and down and get excited about. They’re one of the foods that I used to raise my eyebrows, scrunch up my nose, and say ‘No Thank You’ about. Until I went on a girls trip to Austin for one of my dearest friends’ 40th birthday and one of the restaurants we went to had these cast iron baked Brussels sprouts and they were amazing. We still talk about those Brussels sprouts 2 years later!
We recently had a restaurant open up locally and they have the most amazing sriracha glazed Brussels sprouts… we go there JUST for those! When I was talking with Kiolbassa about the recipes that I was going to make featuring their bacon that would be good for an appetizer but would also work for a side or main dish… I knew that I wanted to do a one pan bacon and Brussels sprouts with a sweet and spicy glaze!
Before I tell you anymore.. I want to share a caveat with y’all… this Kiolbassa Smoked Meats Hickory Cured Bacon is legit, y’all…. I mean, just look at the packaging! <3 How much do you love that?!
Okay… I tested these Brussels sprouts with bacon and sweet and spicy glaze over Thanksgiving. Every year we have friends and family and neighbors gather together and we Fry the turkey and everyone brings their favorite Thanksgiving sides and desserts and it’s a joyous, delicious day.
This garnered some raised eyebrows… because Brussels sprouts, but they disappeared and disappeared QUICKLY!
People were legitimately picking them off the sheet pan and eating them before we even started serving!!
Hickory Bacon and Brussels sprouts after their first glazing
These Brussels sprouts with bacon and the sweet and spicy glaze are SO easy to make, and you can adjust the spice/heat/sweet to your own preferences. The bacon gets all crispy and the flavor gets into the Brussels sprouts and the combination fo salty, spicy, sweet, crispy, and crunch is absolutely amazing.
Crispy, Spicy, Sweet Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
All you need is about 15 minutes to prep and another 25 to cook and you’ll have these deliciously crispy, crunchy, sweet and spicy Brussels Sprouts with Kiolbassa Dry Cured Hickory Bacon.
One Pan Sweet and Spicy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
For the Glaze
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1 to 2 tsp sugar free (keto) or reglar honey
- 1 oz coconut aminos (keto) or soy sauce
Bacon and Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 lb brussels sprouts, halved
- 6 slices your favorite bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400* F
- Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil
- Cut the brussels sprouts in 1/2 and rough chop the bacon into small pieces
- Toss the bacon and Brussels sprouts with a little bit of avocado oil, just to lightly coat and keep from sticking to the pan.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper
- Bake the Brussels sprouts and bacon for 15 minutes in the oven
- Now is the time to combine the glaze ingredients; whisk to thoroughly combine and then divide the glaze in 1/2
Back to the sprouts and bacon
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven, drizzle with 1/2 the glaze, stir them/flip them over on the pan and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Check the done-ness of your Brussels sprouts. You want them fully cooked.. and don’t worry about any dark leaves… those are the amazing crispy parts!
- Once the Brussels sprouts and bacon have cooked to your liking… drizzle with remaining glaze, toss to coat and serve.
I eat these Brussels Sprouts as a main dish, but they work as a side dish for any protein, too!
HUGE Thank You to Kiolbassa for sponsoring this recipe and partnering with A Southern Fairytale
Let’s Be Social! Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter for an even deeper glimpse into our lives, and make sure you subscribe to my newsletter for yummy recipes right in your inbox and exclusive content you won’t see on my site!