Tis the season y’all and Christmas Eve is FIVE days away! One of my favorite things to give and receive during the holidays are homemade treats! Gifts are sweet, but treats made by your own hands and made with love are so much sweeter (and tastier!)
10 Easy & Edible Homemade Gift Ideas
As I was searching my holiday recipes for what I was making this year, I was getting emails and messages from y’all asking what I recommend as THE BEST Edible Homemade Gift Ideas for friends, co-workers, and teachers; so I thought I’d put together this quick little recipe guide with 10 Easy Edible Last Minute Gift Ideas (also perfect for parties and get togethers!!!)
Easy Edible Holiday Gifts
- This Cranberry, Walnut Rum Fudge is always a crowd pleaser. Fudge was always on our holiday menus as it was one of Granny’s favorite things to make, especially once she found out you could make it in the microwave.
- These Southern Living Bourbon Balls are a rich treat sure to bring a smile to anyone’s (over 21!) face
- The Oreo Peppermint Bark is a combination of chocolatey and minty and it’s been one of the most popular Christmas recipes on the blog for years. The Bonus — It’s so easy your kids can make it!
- These Chocolate Dipped Spoons are great tied up with some marshmallows and hot cocoa mix, paired with a mug and some coffee, or even tied on to some tiny bottles of creme de menthe or Irish Liqueurs
- The Bacon Pecan Brittle is my most requested holiday treat, I’ve even had people drop pecans off at my house so that they’re guaranteed to get a batch!!! The requests start coming in September!
- These homemade Roasted Cinnamon Almonds will make your house smell like the holidays (or a Buc*ees if you’re from Texas)
- One of the recipes that my kids have enjoyed making for the last decade or so are the Kiss Cookies… especially once they started making the candy cane kisses with the bits of crushed candy in them! We use red and green sugars and they’re a delight for the eyes and the tastebuds! Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- Another recipe from Granny’s recipe box are these rollo pretzels.. There are so many different versions of these but my favorite remains Granny’s Rollo Pretzels with M&Ms
- Another recipe that’s been coming from church basements, potlucks, buncos, and junior league cookbooks since back when Moby Dick was a minnow is the Saltine Cracker Candy aka Cracker Toffee aka Saltine Bark aka Christmas Crack. It satisfies the salty, the sweet, the crunchy… and it’s EASY to make!
- The Spicy Firecracker Cheezit mix is the kids favorite. This is a year round treat that I make for the lake, for parties, for every holiday, and even for birthday gifts.
There you have it! 10 of my favorite last minute Easy and Edible Holiday Gift Ideas!
What are your favorite treats to make as gifts? I’d love to hear about them and maybe add some of them to our must makes!