Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches with Hershey’s Syrup and a Giveaway!
There’s something about an ice cream sandwich that simply makes me happy. Delicious, creamy, smooth, ice cream sandwiched between two hunks of chocolate. Yes. Please and Thank You.
I have so many memories that involve sitting on sun-warmed curbs licking the ice cream from the edges of the ice cream sandwich, trying to find that perfect balance between savoring it, and eating it before it ended up a sticky puddle between my bare feet.
These memories are what prompted me to create these Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches.
For me, the perfect brownie is sweet, but not too sweet. There should be rich, decadent undertones. I want a brownie that is dense, rich, delicious, and leaves me utterly satisfied.
The kids and I spent days playing around with different flavor combinations; different spices, different Hershey’s Syrup, different extracts – until we came up with our perfect brownies.
These brownies have hints of cinnamon and almond; and the Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup and Hershey’s Special Dark Syrup add a unique decadence and flavor that you just don’t find in every day brownies.
Pairing these mouth watering brownies with rich, creamy vanilla bean ice cream and Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup and Hershey’s Caramel Syrup turns these into a delight for every age. The slight bitterness and depth from the dark chocolate appeals to the adults, while the fun of the ice cream sandwich, and simple deliciousness draws the kids in.
Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- *Recipe Adapted from Hershey's Syrup Snacking Brownies
- 1 stick 1/2 Cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- ¾ cup Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon rounded roasted cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350•F and line two 8X8 pans with parchment paper, leaving some over the edges to act as a lift to remove the brownies from the pan.**
- Cream together butter and sugar until a smooth gold color.
- Add in _Hershey’s_Chocolate Syrup and Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Syrup, vanilla, almond, eggs, and cinnamon; beat well.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold the flour in by hand, scraping the bottoms and sides to make sure it’s all combined.
- Divide the batter in half (or eyeball it) and pour it evenly into your two parchment lined pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, start checking around 18 minutes; a toothpick will come out with crumbs, but not batter when the brownies are ready.
- Set aside to cool slightly. Cover with freezer paper and remove to the freezer to cool completely. This can take 30 minutes to several hours.
Putting the Ice Cream Sandwiches Together
- If your brownies don’t have flat tops, take a serrated knife and slice the tops off (this is also recommended just for fun and to give you some taste testing)
- Put the brownie base back into the now freezer paper lined 8X* baking pan. Using a small straw poke holes in the top of the brownie that you are using for the bottom of the sandwiches. Drizzle with Hershey’s Caramel and Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup – let that soak in a little.
- Top with your choice of ice cream. I scooped it out and gently pressed it on top of the brownie base. I wanted mine about ½” to 1” thick. I topped that with more syrup drizzle, placed the brownie top on it, wrapped the whole thing up in freezer paper and put it back in the freezer. Freeze for 1 hour or more.
- Remove from freezer, gently use the parchment paper to remove the whole thing from the pan.
- If you have a frozen piece of marble, that would be perfect to hold this on ☺ If not, a cutting board and a very sharp knife will do wonders for you!
Hershey wants to help y’all to host the perfect Sundae Party, and in order to do that, you need some goodies to get your creative juices flowing! Remember those gorgeous ice cream bowls and adorable little spoons that y’all saw in my Grilled Banana Split Recipe post?
Hershey is giving one of y’all the chance to win a set of SIX Ice Cream Sundae Bowls, a set of those precious spoons, an OXO ice cream scoop, AND 4 Hershey’s Syrup flavors! Strawberry, Caramel, Chocolate, and Special Dark!
Just think of all the fun you can have! You’ll be the most popular house on the block!
Use the rafflecopter below to enter!
Thank you so much to Hershey’s Syrup for sponsoring this post and allowing me to share another delicious recipe with y’all! I have received product and compensation as a result of this partnership, but the recipe, ideas, and enthusiasm are all my own. Be sure to visit the Hershey website for more dessert and syrup inspiration.
Oh. My. Word. That looks DIVINE!!! 🙂
They are kind of ridiculously good, Kelly 😉 My kids are head over heels for them. 🙂
So mouth watering! That appears to be amazing.
I love a hot fudge sundae. Maybe add some banana slices.
I am trying to lose weight, but ice cream and brownies are a fav in my house. And caramel is my FAV. So, yes, sign me up.
What a great way to celebrate summer with four Hersey syrups!! Yum!
Favorite sundae would have to be chocolate ice cream with sprinkles and Hershey’s on top.
A scoop of vanilla, a scoop of chocolate, some cookie dough, whip cream and chocolate sauce.
I love butterscotch on my sundaes!
That Special Dark Chocolate sauce has my name written all over it! Thanks for the awesome giveaway. Fingers crossed! 🙂
I put everything on my sundaes! All the sauces and all the toppings! These sandwiches look fantastic! Sharing!
I want brownie ice cream sandwiches for breakfast now!
I am such a special dark girl. Love this idea!!
I love everything about this!
Chocolate and strawberry syrup is divine!
I love chocolate ice cream with bananas and caramel syrup
I like vanilla ice cream with hot fudge.
i like cookie dough ice cream with caramel and gummy bears on top!
Love this idea, totally irresistible!
My alltime favorite dessert… how did you know?! I’m making this recipe tomorrow. Thanks, Rachel.
Absolutely mouth watering!
And I will add that my fave ice cream is mint chip or mocha almond!
So delectable! That looks irresistible.
i love vanilla ice cream with strawberry topping.
I love chocolate ice cream with brownie bits and syrup and sprinkles and whipped cream.
vanilla bean and strawberry syrup
I love anything with chocolate and caramel! oh, and peanut butter!
These look amazing! Can’t wait to make them! Yum!
I love caramel and sprinkles!
I like strawberry ice cream with strawberry topping, whipped cream and nuts
I love a caramel sundae with vanilla ice cream, topped with whipped cream and a cherry
Vanilla and chocolate!
cookie dough and syrup!
I adore your recipe, another fave of mine is strawberry and is tricky to find as an ice cream sandwich unless homemade
I always like to add pudding and whipped cream to my sundaes because of the contrast in textures. I also like to add some peanut butter when using chocolate ice cream.
You had me at BROWNIE. Then you said DRIZZLE and I fainted from love.