Happy Sunday, y’all! Welcome to Day 16 of
Hope y’all have been enjoying all the deliciousness that these wonderful guest posters have been sharing!
Today is an extra special day.
It’s Princess’ 9th birthday! Happy Birthday, my darling girl!! I love you so much!
Today’s featured blogger is Liz, from Hoosier Homemade. Liz is one of my long time – OG blog friends. I met her back at Blissdom in 2010 and watching her over the past few years has been amazing. She has a heart bigger than Texas, a smile bright as the sun and talent for yumminess that will blow your mind and tantalize your taste buds!
Don’t forget to stop by According 2 Kelly to get some Craft inspiration and Skip To My Lou for your daily does of Sewing inspiration, plus the links to the other 2 amazing giveaways we have going on!!!
Hello Southern Fairytale fans! I’m Liz from Hoosier Homemade. I’m super excited to once again be sharing for the Holiday Bake, Craft & Sew Along. Do you remember
the Chocolate Spoons from last year? No…well you better head on over and grab the recipe! They are perfect for the Holiday season gift giving or even as a special treat to go with your hot cocoa.
Over on Hoosier Homemade, I share lots and lots of cupcakes, if you are a cupcake lover, be sure to check out Cupcake Heaven, it has over 200 ideas for you. So I found it only fitting that I share a delicious cupcake with you all! These Candy Cane Cupcake Shooters are as fun to put together as they are to eat! They are simple but elegant with a little whimsy at the same time. And they are certainly quick, which is great this time of year.
The ideas are endless for these fun little shooters. You could certainly change up the color of cupcake, the flavors and of course the decorations, depending on what occasion you are celebrating.
Any type of small glass with work, I found these at Pier 1 and they were around $1. You may want to serve them with a spoon though, depending on the size of your glass.
Candy Cane ShootersPrint Recipe
- White cake mix divide in half and color red
- . Small round cookie cutter – I used the inside of a doughnut cutter . Decorator Icing or your favorite Buttercream
- . Decorator bag fitted with a Giant Round Tip
- . Candy canes or other peppermint candy crushed
- . Candy canes or other peppermint candy for garnish
- . Wilton Candy Cane sprinkles for garnish
- . Small glasses
- Bake and cool cupcakes – I baked mine without liners but either way is fine 2. Cut with small round cookie cutter
- Fit decorator bag with a Giant Round Tip and fill with white icing
- Crush Candy Canes
- Begin with a cupcake, add icing then crushed candy canes, and repeat layers, top with sprinkles or peppermint candy for garnish
Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season! Thanks so much for having me Rachel!!