Easy and Delicious OOEY GOOEY Chocolate Cobbler
Well… Chocolate Cobbler it is, y’all. It’s A Chocolate Cake Top Layer with a Gooey-fudgy-melty-rich chocolate pudding bottom layer. Y’all Chocolate Cobbler recipes have been around since Moby Dick was a minnow; hundreds of southern lady church cookbooks have a chocolate cobbler, chocolate mud cake, chocolate pudding cake recipe in them; and every family has their favorite.
This just happens to be MY personal favorite Chocolate Cobbler Recipe
This recipe is so easy to make, y’all. A little mixing, spreading, topping, and baking and voila! There you have it! An ooey-gooey warm and melty chocolate cobbler.
Get the printable recipe below – and if you make this or any recipe – tag me on Instagram and Twitter with #ASouthernFairytale
Fudgy Bottom Layer!
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 5 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar Packed
- 4 Tablespoons Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- Preheat oven to 350°F
Fudgy Melty Bottom Layer!
- In a large bowl, mix together: Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Cocoa, Cinnamon, and Granulated White Sugar
- Add the Milk, Melted Butter, and Vanilla to the Flour Mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Spread the thick batter into an ungreased 8-inch baking dish
- In a second bowl, mix together: The Granulated White Sugar, Dark Brown Sugar, and Cocoa.
- Sprinkle this over the top of the fudgy cake layer.
- Pour the Hot Tap Water over the cake - DO NOT MIX!!!!!!!
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes - or until the center is set.
- Let stand at room temperature 5-8 minutes.
*Serve with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, sliced Strawberries, Toasted Pecans, Toasted Coconut, even a caramel drizzle.
If you love chocolate cake with melting centers but just want individual servings… check out this post with the recipe for Carnival’s Melting Chocolate Cake