[donotprint]Football and Texans — We go together like Friday Nights and Football or Hot Caramel and Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream or Velveeta and Ro*Tel.
Even though we’re from Texas, my husband is a MAJOR Colts Fan
Casey even went to the stadium last year to get him a T-shirt after they won the Superbowl, she might be his favorite 🙂
So, it was pretty much a no brainer that for my Velveeta Fall Football Vlog the game I HAD to choose would be the Colts vs The Cowboys.
We have some friends who are die-hard Cowboys fans so I knew that with good food and a good game, it was going to be a night to remember.
I was right, if you caught the game — it was a nailbiter, right down to the end when the Cowboys won.
We had a lot of fun decorating the house with streamers and jerseys as you’ll see in the video. 🙂
This time around, Velveeta provided me with some recipe options from which to choose and one immediately stuck out to me. The Ro*Tel Rodriguez Nacho Dip — Sour Cream, Velveeta, Ro*Tel and Italian Sausage** (YUM) and to top it off, so simple to make.
**I substituted Chorizo for the Italian Sausage because our store was out of Italian Sausage and it was SO SO good.
It was the first thing gone from my table, Nathan didn’t wait for anyone else to show up, either 🙂 he just dug right in and started chowing down.
I highly recommend making this at your next football party or you know — just because you want something hot and delicious to eat.
Chorizo QuesoPrint Recipe
- 1 lb Velveeta
- 1 10 oz can Ro*Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 lb Chorizo if bought in sausage form, cut from casing before cooking
- 1 C Sour Cream
- Brown the meat in a skillet, stirring occasionally to turn it and keep it broken up
- While the meat is browning, cube the Velveeta and put it and the Ro*Tel into a microwaveable dish.
- Microwave about 4 minutes, or until the Velveeta is melted.
- Drain the meat and add the meat and sour cream to the Velveeta/Ro
- Tel Mixture and stir until it’s all blended together.
- Serve immediately to ravenous friends and family
This dip was honestly so delicious, y’all, even my friend’s husband who claims to hate sour cream loooooooved this dip.
This post and video is part of my participation in a Velveeta Kitchenistas program. My time in this program has been compensated, however, the opinions and silliness are all me