You’ve heard the phrase..
Everything but the kitchen sink… well, that’s these cookies.
These are hands down, the best cookies I’ve ever put in my mouth, and that is saying a *ahem* mouthful.
So Chef Princess and I geared up today for the kick off to our holiday baking by making our kitchen sink cookies.
So, I don’t photograph food well. These pictures do not do these cookies justice.
They are melt in your mouth, soft, chewy, moist, tonguegasmically, delicious delectables. (say that 5 times fast)
What? You want the recipe?
These are my favorite cookies. I love them, I could eat these day in and day out. They’re subtle, they’re tantalizing, they are downright amazing.
Here you are.
I give you:
Kitchen Sink Cookies also called: Pantry Cookies, by my DH. Because he says that’s how they were invented, and that’s how they’re still made. You just grab everything in the pantry and dump it all in.
2 Cups Brown Sugar
2 Cups White Sugar
1 3/4 C quick cook oatmeal
2 Cups applesauce
4 Cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (please use real, not imitation)
4 Cups cornflakes cereal
1 1/2 Cups chopped walnuts
1 1/4 Cups flaked coconut
3 to 4 dashes of Cinnamon
(I occasionally add craisins, dried apricots, raisins.. you get the drift) Add more coconut at will.
Oven at 350
1. Cream together Brown sugar, white sugar, applesauce and eggs.
2. Add flour, baking soda, salt and oatmeal; Mix WELL.
3. Stir in cornflakes, nuts and coconuts. (this would be where you add your other goodies, too)
Drop by Tablespoonfuls (ish) onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until they develop a lovely golden color.
Cool on cookie sheets.
You can turn them a dark, almost cocoa shade and they won’t burn… but they will become really crisp. So if you like a crunchy cookie, cook them longer.
I like the softer, chewy kind myself.. but DH… crispy… thus, the difference in the cookies you see in the pictures.
*** roast your nuts (giggle) lightly prior to adding them to the mix and you’ll get the most out of their flavor.
Kitchen Sink aka Pantry Cookies aka Cowboy Cookies
- 2 Cups White Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar (I prefer Dark)
- 1 3/4 Cup Quick Cook oats
- 2 Cups unsweetened applesauce
- 4 each large eggs
- 4 Cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal
- 1 1/2 Cups chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/4 Cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 4 dashes/shakes cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Cream together Brown Sugar, White Sugar, Vanilla, Applesauce and Eggs
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and oatmeal. Mix well
- In a large bowl mix cornflakes, nuts and coconut (this is where you would add the *extras*)
- Slowly add the batter to this bowl, mixing well until the entire batter is completely mixed.
- Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until they are a lovely golden brown.
- You can add dried cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips etc... to make these your own.
Enjoy y’all! Happy munching!!!Jump to Recipe Jump to Recipe