Migas might be my favorite egg breakfast dish ever. Eggs, jalapenos, salsa, cheese, chips… my mouth starts watering just thinking about them.
I like my Migas with a lot of chips!!! You may want to use 1/2 the chips, it’s up to you.
These Migas are super easy to make, delicious and the spice level is completely adjustable for your tolerance. I like mine with some ay yi yi yi!!!
complete recipe to follow pictures
Toss in chopped jalapenos and onions and sautee until the onions begin to soften and the smell has you wanting to scoop them up with a chip and devour
While the onions and jalapenos are cooking mix your eggs, cheese, and salsa together in a bowl or large measuring cup; when the onions and jalapenos are ready, slowly pour the egg mixture all around the pan to cover
allow the eggs to firm up a bit and then using a wooden spoon or spatula gently move them around to distribute the eggs. This is the time you’re going to top the eggs with the broken corn tortilla chips Like I said, I like a LOT of tortilla chips in my Migas
Gently, using your spoon/spatula/spoonula, incorporate the eggs and the chips together and let it cook until the eggs reach the firmness that you desire!
Spoon into a dish and top with a dash more salsa and even some cilantro if you like it!
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1/3 C chopped jalapenos I use nacho sliced and then chop them, so much easier. You CAN use fresh, they’re awesome but, this recipe is about the easy
- 1 C roughly a good handful shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 C salsa plus additional for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of corn tortilla chips broken
- dice the onions and jalapenos and grate the cheese
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and then add in the onions and jalapenos.
- While the onions and jalapenos cook; crack the eggs and whisk them together with the salsa and cheese.
- When the jalapenos and onions have reached the point where they’re soft and fragrant and you want to scoop them up with a chip and devour them…
- Pour in the eggs and make sure you get all the cheese and salsa in, too.
- Let the egg mixture firm up a bit and then top with your broken chips, softly and gently use a spoon to push the mixture around to make sure that everything gets cooked. 7. Serve topped with a bit more salsa. You can garnish with more jalapenos, cilantro and even fresh diced tomatoes.