Cocoa Coffee Cookies
These cookies are beyond description. They are rich, dense, chewy and the chocolate flavor is enhanced by the dry hint of coffee. They will tease your taste buds, tempt your senses and drive you crazy (in a good way). You will want a Paul Bunyon sized glass of ice cold milk to accompany these cookies.
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 2/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee crystals
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a mixing bowl, beat softened butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, 1/3 C cocoa powder, coffee, baking soda and cinnamon
- Beat until well incorporated, scraping bowl when needed
- Beat in egg whites
- Add flour in 1/4 Cup increments, blending each well before adding the next
- Cover dough and put in refrigerator to chill for one hour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 C granulated sugar and 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Shape dough into 1″ balls, shape each ball into a 1 1/2″ rectangle (log), roll each log in the cocoa sugar mixture and place each ‘cookie’ on the cookie sheet leaving about 1 1/2″ between each ‘cookie’
- Bake about 7 minutes or until the edges are just firm.
- Remove, sprinkle with remaining cocoa sugar mixture. Let cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes, remove to wire racks
- Resist the urge to eat immediately because you will scald your taste buds beyond repair and then you will be cheated out the chance to enjoy these dense, rich, insanely tonguegasmalicious cookies.
Trust me, they are worth the wait
Grab your button, post your recipe and sign the Mr. Linky, make sure you link directly to your recipe post!!
Mmmm….those sound and look amazing. Love it! I am posting my potato soup recipe which is so easy that even I can make it for a crowd.
texasholly @ Burbmom.net’s latest brilianceSuper Easy Potato Soup
i’m SO making these!
the planet of janet’s latest brilianceThe present of his presence
Those do sound fabulous! Chocolate and coffee… excellent duo.
Tara R.’s latest brilianceFreezing boogers…
Oh, yum! These sound perfect with a cup o joe.
Chelsea/PB&J In A Bowl’s latest briliance
What a yummy recipe!
HappyCampers’s latest brilianceSanta Sent A Video!
I am truly honored to be grouped with such tonguegasmic company.
BusyDad’s latest brilianceNothing Says Happy Holidays Like a Sugar OD
I’m been off line all day cept for Twittering from my phone! AHHHH the stress!
Anywho – my link is up. And I’m adding these cookies to my grocery list!
amy@milkbreathandmargaritas’s latest brilianceMouthwatering Monday – Smother It With Gravy!
Oh and you’ve been tagged! Go check out my blog!!
Qweenie’s latest brilianceWordless Wednesday: Changes
Those do look delicious…but, I’m a little intimidated by 12 steps!
Krystyn’s latest briliancePSF-Ring Around the Rosies
Cant you just make that stuff and send them my way!!
Darn it lil Suzie homemaker your stuff always looks sooooo yummy & tasty!!
Spoiled Mommy’s latest brilianceMy Love/Hate Relationship with Christmas
Oh. You KNOW I will be making these.
Angella’s latest brilianceHoliday Haiku
Oh yum! I would LOVE these!
Colleen – Mommy Always Wins’s latest brilianceA little bloggie "to do"
As always, it looks delicious!
Amanda of Shamelessly Sassy’s latest brilianceShameless Confessions: Perez Hilton is my Home Page.
ooooh yum. I’m definitely making those, as soon as I land in my new kitchen!
.-= Elisa´s last blog ..The birthday post, part 2: the showoff =-.
They’re SO Yummy!!!! I can’t wait to see your new kitchen and hear about everything you create in it! xoxo
I am reading comments but no one has made these cookies. I would like to read some comments from someone who has actually tried this recipe.
You know, this is one of my first recipes that I posted — I’ll definitely need to re-make and rephotograph and then hopefully you’ll be able to get some more insight from some people who’ve made them and loved them as much as we do 😉 I’ve made them for several occasions and they’ve always been a hit, unfortunately – those people aren’t big blog readers – or weren’t at the time 😉
Thank you for reminding me about this recipe!
I made them! I made them! I ate 1/2 the dough first… but eventually some were baked : ) I didn’t have instant coffee, so I used regular coffee grounds, put them in a baggie, and crushed them a little more with a rolling pin. These are delish; a perfect mix of anything you could ever want.