We interrupt the regularly scheduled Mouthwatering Monday
to bring you some notes from a Garage Sale.
Dear Garage Sale attendees:
* It is considered rude, tacky and unbelievably obnoxious to ring a person’s doorbell at 8PM two nights before the actual sale to ask for a preview.
* It is tasteless, obnoxious and terribly inconsiderate to ring someone’s doorbell at 8AM the day before the actual sale, especially if you are the same person who rang the doorbell the night before.
* It is even more obnoxious after doing the previous two bullet points, to then NOT EVEN show up at the garage sale.
* It is perfectly acceptable to haggle and try to bargain on prices, it’s even kind of fun. It is not, however, okay to STEAL Courtney’s favorite lace up jeans because you didn’t like the price she quoted you. That is just WRONG!
* If there should happen to be a trailer full of the garage sale holder’s trash on the other side of the driveway, it is very polite to ask them if you can take stuff off of there. It is, however, extraordinarily rude to STEAL a person’s laundry basket, fill it with stuff from the trailer and take off with it.
* If the garage sale notices say 8AM to Noon, it does not mean that you can come by at 12:45, knock on the door and ask if you can have all the leftovers for $1.
* Please do not bring a bag full of dimes and pennies, buy $8 worth of stuff and then count each individual coin out. If you drive a $30,000 car, you can afford more than one plastic bag, possibly even the coin wrappers.
* To all who hold garage sales and post signs in the neighborhood. It is very tacky to leave your garage sale signs up for days and even weeks after your garage sale has occurred. You live here, take pride in your neighborhood people.
Thank you for your time.
Don’t forget, all of October’s Ad Revenue is going towards Breast Cancer Research because Racks Rock. So come back and click click!