This garlic bread is the garlickiest garlic bread you’ll ever meet.
Should you want to repel vampires, this is the recipe for you.
Do you see those rich, gold swirls of color in the bread? That’s garlic and olive oil.
Have you ever seen a garlic bread that was so infused with flavor that you could literally see it? Until making this garlic bread, I hadn’t.
I’m headed to New York today for an event with Chef Alex Guarnischelli and Fisher Nuts, so I wanted to make one of her recipes.. you know, get a feel for who she is. Well, y’all – she’s my people. This overnight garlic bread involves saturating a loaf of bread with olive oil and garlic.
SIGN ME UP!
All the gorgeous colors in this garlic bread are the result of a night of olive oil and freshly sliced garlic saturating that pretty little loaf of bread right there. That rich red on top… that’s smoked paprika dusted on top of the olive oil and garlic prior to soaking.
I’ve been known to make incredible, praise-worthy, addictive garlic bread; but I’ve never had garlic bread like this before.
This is all caps GARLIC bread.
This garlic bread is something you can’t quite understand until you’ve tasted it.
After prepping the garlic bread, I washed my hands and went to bed.. the next morning, my hands still smelled of garlic – I’m okay with this.
When I pulled the foil wrapped garlic bread out of the oven; my entire house was infused with the aroma of olive oil and garlic, and there were garlic-infused drops of deliciousness clinging to the foil.
Do you see that gorgeousness? Hell to the yes.
You can eat this as an appetizer, main dish, side dish, dessert.. paired with pasta, steak, chicken, or your favorite wine… You seriously can’t go wrong with this garlic bread, y’all.
This is the garlic bread recipe that will have all the dinner invites showing up in your inbox.
Overnight Garlic Bread
- 1 13 inch loaf italian or french bread
- 7 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 Tablespoons 1/2 cupor 1 stick salted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise.
- Mix the garlic with the olive oil and spread over the cut sides of the bread. Lay the butter slices over the bottom half of the bread, and sprinkle the smoked paprika on top.
- Place the top and bottom half of the bread together to close and wrap with foil to seal. Place the bread in the fridge overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F
- Bake the foil wrapped bread for 35-45 minutes, or until you just can't handle the smell anymore and you want to dive into the hot oven. Take the foil wrapped bread out of the oven and set it aside to cool for 10 minutes. Unwrap the bread, and set aside to cool another 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- Make a double batch because you didn't make enough the first time.