This post in entitled “Diet Restricted” because depending on how you do it it can be for your friends on the Paleo diet or someone that is gluten free or just trying to cut down on carbs or no sugar or very little sugar. You’ll see when you read the recipe, but it is great for everyone that is “diet restricted” or just for those of you that want a holiday treat without the guilt.
You can make the cookies so that the sweetener is agave, honey, or pure maple syrup. You can use coconut flour so that they are gluten free, or just use regular flour.
You can use raw dark chocolate chunks so that there is no extra sugar or milk.
You can buy the Enjoy Life brand of chocolate chips that are gluten, soy, and dairy free. Or you can just use regular chocolate chips so that the sugar is cut down a lot (because there will still be none in the batter) but not completely. It is up to you!
The cocoa is a dairy and sugar free delectable drink, you won’t miss the dairy or sugar, I pinkie swear.
Vanessa blogs over at INeverGrewUp.net She is married to celebrity dog trainer Ty Brown and has 2 old dogs and 4 beautiful girls. They all just got back from living abroad in Costa Rica and miss it everyday. They are in Utah for a bit preparing to live in the Netherlands next.
I hope y’all are printing that recipe, and then heading over to Vanessa’s Blog to follow her, and show her some love AND that’ y’all are entering to win the goodies we’re giving away!
You can enter EVERY DAY!!!!
All month long, I will be sharing delicious and delectable kitchen gifts from 30 amazing bloggers here on A Southern Fairytale! Don’t forget to head on over to According to Kelly for 30 fabulous crafty gifts and Skip to my Lou to get your sewing inspiration on!
Did I mention the giveaways?
- Ninja Ultima Blender
- Epiphanie Bag Stella in your choice of color!!!!!
- Laura from Momables is donating a ONE YEAR subscription to her amazing meal planning service and a $25 Amazon Gift Card!
- Bountiful: Recipes Inspired by Our Gardenby the supremely talented and lovely couple of White on Rice, Todd and Diane.
- I Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Deanna Garretson of Design Chicky (my blog designer) is donating a $100 Design Credit! She can help you create custom recipe cards, Facebook page, or whichever one of her services you’d like!
Make sure that y’all are subscribed so that y’all can keep up with all the goodness coming up this month, and for your chances to enter to win the goodies above!!!!
You can also enter the giveaway by clicking over to the Handmade Holidays Year 4 home page
Diet Restricted Hot CocoaPrint Recipe
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a saucepan combine water, coconut milk, cocoa powder, salt, and maple syrup.
- Heat to simmering while whisking.
- Add in vanilla, whisk a bit more, and serve