Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
sorry about the crummy picture, I still don’t have my camera back from Canon
Today’s MWM recipe is for pulled pork and it is a bit spicy, juicy, tender and fills your house with an unbelievable smell that makes your mouthwater all day long and your taste buds tingle in anticipation.
- 1 (3 to 4lb) boneless pork shoulder roast
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 C Rachel’s Meat Seasoning
- 1 bottle Miller Lite
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce (I use HEB’s Texas BBQ Sauce because it has just the right amount of pepper and spices)
- 8 large hamburger buns
- *onions and pickles
- Mix the mustard and spices together and rub over the pork shoulder, put into a plastic bag and pour in the beer.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- First thing in the morning pour the contents of the bag into your crockpot and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Resist the urge to dive face first into the crockpot.
- When the roast is done, drain the liquid out of the crockpot and using a fork, pull the pork apart, it will fall apart with very little effort.
- Add the bbq sauce to the pork in the crockpot and stir to mix.
- Leave the crockpot on warm and allow the flavors of the seasoned pork and bbq sauce to combine *at this point you can add chopped onions if you want.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns with sliced onions and pickles* not necessary
These are simple, delicious, truly tonguegasmic and a delightful treat for any get together or just family game night.
If you’re playing along with Mouthwatering Mondays, THANK YOU!, sign the MR. Linky with your name and the URL for your MWM post, not your generic URL, snag your tonguegasmic button and link back here, then go visit other MWM participants and get some yummy new recipes and meet other foodies like yourself!!
looks tasty, except for the part where i don’t eat pork. but i’d bet wonderhubby would go crazy for this!
the planet of janet’s latest brilianceThe nest: half full or half empty?
I love some pulled pork sandwiches! Never knew how easy they would be to make! Yummy!
Lisa@verybusymomwith4’s latest brilianceMy March Madness Menu Monday
I actually make a homemade BBQ sauce that is amazing. (I know right!?!)
But it’s true. I’ll maybe post that next week.
One time in Philadelphia I had a pulled pork sandwich with a plum sauce that I’ve never forgotten – it was so delish!!!!! Maybe I should look up a plum sauce too.
Amy @ Milk Breath & Margaritas’s latest brilianceTea Time
Sounds like you are on the right track! It's hard to deal with peploe misconceptions and lack of education on this I am sure. With the help of the OT and you I am sure life will start to make sense a little more.
Girl, you always know how to make me drool! Bookmarking this one too, I love me some BBQ!
Malia’s latest brilianceOur Favorite Black Bean Soup
OMG that looks absolutely fantastic! I can never get my family to eat much from my crockpot (and I do so love it) but this, this I think they will just gobble right up!
TMWW’s latest brilianceA Decent End to the Weekend and Being Ticked Off at Employers Who Won’t Show Their Names
i’m copying and pasting this to myself. my family will love you forever. i’m making this later this week!!
I never thought to make pulled pork in a crockpot. Great idea!
i am going to make this for my husband!! he loves pulled pork but we havent found the right recipe yet-so im going to try this!!
SPOILED MOMMY’s latest brilianceWhat a dork!
Those look AWESOME!
I’m back to link up to your current post – sorry again to hear of Nathan’s Grandpa. I was so excited that I’d actually posted a recipe that I didn’t notice the date on the post.
Hope you guys are doing well!
Colleen – Mommy Always Wins’s latest brilianceGoin’ for extra credit
I love pulled pork sandwiches 🙂 I usually make my own sauce and throw it in the crockpot and yummo!
The American Homemaker’s latest brilianceSt. Patty’s Day Dinner Recipes
Oh, bbq….how I miss thee. It’s so much better in Texas. The sauce is so much spicier and delicious!
Krystyn’s latest brilianceI’m a changed momma
This is absolutely perfect! I am having a party in less than two weeks and my husband suggested I make pulled pork….I was about to start looking for recipes and here you are with this great one! Such a sweetie. : )
Mary Beth’s latest brilianceCaramelized Apple Cupcakes
I can’t tell you what my husband would do if I made him some BBQ pork! I don’t think I could keep him off me! Yummy recipe! I’ve got some posted too on my blog. It’s http://www.oneshetwoshe.blogspot.com
Mariel’s latest brilianceGo Green!