One of the reasons that I love this sausage and egg breakfast casserole is that it’s easy, it’s delicious, and it can be made the night before! It doesn’t hurt that the blending of the spicy sausage, the creamy eggs, and the rich, sharp cheese makes for an incredibly delicious, mouth-watering meal. Seriously y’all your taste buds will dance with delight and your friends and family will ask what they can do for you if only you’ll make this for them.
Easy Southern Style Sausage, Egg, Cheese, and Hashbrown Casserole
I made it for our weekly bible study a couple weeks ago, and there wasn’t any left for me to take back home.
Legitimately, y’all – the dish was just about scraped clean, because several of the ladies were taking it home to share with their families. THAT is happiness, y’all. I love feeding people, it’s part of my love language, I show love through actions, and feeding people, seeing them smile, hearing their moans of enjoyment, and delight – it’s happiness. I’ll never understand the people who hoard their recipes and refuse to share – that’s just bizarre.
Easy Breakfast Casserole for a crowd
Simple and Delicious Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 4 Cups frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 2 Cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 pound cooked breakfast sausage I use the hot sausage because we like a little oomph in our food
- 1/2 Cup chopped green onions
- 8 eggs beaten
- 2 12 oz cans evaporated milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Arrange hashbrowns in an even layer in the bottom of a greased 9X13 pan
- Sprinkle with cheese, cooked sausage and green onions: set aside
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper: blend well
- Pour the egg mixture over the hashbrown mixture, cover and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight
- Bake, uncovered at 350° F degrees until the center is set: 40 to 50 minutes if chilled. 50 to 60 minutes if chilled overnight.
You can add some smoked paprika to the top just prior to baking to add some color and pop.
** This recipe originally appeared on A Southern Fairytale in 2009. Here’s the photo that accompanied the post. I’m giving some of my favorite recipes new life and sharing them with y’all.**
Have a delicious week!!!