Sometimes I surprise myself.
This Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread recipe is one of those times.
When I saw that the final ingredient for the HEB Meal Maker Challenge was Chef Boyardee, I have to admit that I was stumped.
It would never have occurred to me to use Chef Boyardee as an ingredient…
I started thinking about their products and flavors we love and I knew, I just knew… garlic and Italian were going to be my inspiration.
I honestly don’t know how I came up with this…
Crazy, Random, Brainstorming and a serious craving for garlic bread?
This recipe will leave your house smelling like a heavenly italian restaurant and you’ll be lucky if you can keep your family from devouring it before it makes it to their plates.
Savory, buttery, crispy garlic bread stuffed with delicious spaghetti and meatballs… it’s a match made in heaven.
This is so easy and delicious, y’all!
As with all the Meal Maker Challenge recipes, this has to have under 7 ingredients and be able to be made in under 30 minutes!
Want to see my previous entries into the Meal Maker Challenge?
Thank y’all for any votes that you’ve given my recipes, I appreciate them. Thank y’all for following along and supporting HEB and ConAgra and Me during my 3rd annual Back To School Meal Maker Challenge!
I hope y’all make these recipes, adapt them for your own families and have a wonderful back to school season!
I won’t make y’all wait any longer for this recipe, it was one of my family’s favorites from the past 3 years worth of challenges.
Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread
- 2 cans Chef Boyardee Spaghetti with Meatballs
- 2 cans Garlic Breadsticks
- ¼ C cornmeal
- ¼ C butter melted and divided – 2 Tbsp by 2 Tbsp
- 1 C shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp cornmeal onto a parchment lined baking sheet or pizza stone
- Lay out one sheet of garlic breadstick dough on top of the cornmeal, brush with 2 Tbsp melted butter and sprinkle with ¼ C cheese
- Spoon about ¾ of the spaghetti and meatball mixture down the center of the breadsticks, lengthwise. Top with ½ C cheese
- Lay the other sheet of breadstick dough on top of the other, making the edges meet. Pinch and roll the edges together and up all the way around, creating a seal and raised edge.
- Brush the top with the rest of the melted butter and sprinkle with cornmeal and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until crispy and golden brown
*If you do not have access to garlic breadstick dough – Mince 3 cloves of garlic with 1 C melted butter and brush the dough
As with last year’s challenge – this is more than just a recipe creation challenge – it’s also a competition. The 2 bloggers whose recipes receive the most votes will meet up in a head to head live cook-off at Texas HEB for a chance to win a $1000 HEB gift card. Y’all can vote once a day for your favorite recipes, it’s up to y’all who goes to this cook-off. I urge y’all to go look at the other Meal Maker Challenge participants – they’re an exceptional bunch of people and please, vote for your favorites!
Want to see what the other Meal Maker Challengers have done with their Chef Boyardee?
You can see their recipes by following the links to their blogs:
- Brenda Thompson, Meal Planning Magic
- Crystal Reagan, Simply Being Mommy
- Evin Cooper, Food Good Laundry Bad
- Heather Calhoun, Frugal Reality
- Kristi Reddell, Moms Confession
- Lisa Stauber, Milehimama
- Marina John, Energizer Bunnies Mommy Reports
- Rachel Lacy, Following In My Shoes
- Stephen Ames, Spatula Dad
I’m thrilled to be participating in my 3rd Meal Maker Challenge and working with HEB and ConAgra for a 3rd Consecutive year.