Individual Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
These chicken pot pies were originally created and posted as a part of a sponsored back to school recipe creation program with HEB.
This week’s secret ingredient –
I use frozen veggies for so many things: stir fry, pasta, casseroles etc…
I decided that for our #HEBack2School family friendly meal challenge, I wanted to make individual pot pies.
My kids love personalized servings, and so do I.
These chicken pot pies are ridiculously easy and so delicious.
Traditionally, I like to use pie crust for Pot Pies but my kids *begged* for flaky crescent rolls instead. They love the sweetness that they add.
One 1 lb (16 oz) bag of your favorite HEB frozen veggies, 1 (10.5 oz) can Cream of Mushroom soup with Roasted Garlic, 1 can Crescent Roll Dough, 1 pre-cooked whole roasted chicken (I used the H-E-B lemon pepper flavored one — lemon pepper chicken is the first dish I ever made for my husband, so that flavor holds a special place in our hearts)
Sautee’ the frozen veggies in a skillet until just softened
While the veggies are softening, shred the pre-cooked chicken
Add the chicken, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Salt and Pepper to the veggies and cook until bubbling.
For Nathan and myself, I add a dash of Hot Sauce and stir it into our pot pies
This is where you top each pot pie with crescent roll dough. It’s super easy, you just stretch and wrap to fit. Like I said, I prefer pie crust dough, I can cut it to fit and I prefer the flavor, but my kids loooove the sweet flakiness of crescents.
Bake at 350 until the tops are golden brown – this took about 15 minutes in my oven.
it’s Week 4 – Here is a round-up of my recipes:
- 1 16 oz bag frozen veggies
- 1 10.5 oz can Cream of Mushroom Soup with Roasted Garlic
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 pre-cooked roasted chicken, about 3 C. once shredded
- Salt, Pepper and Hot Sauce (if desired)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Saute' one bag of frozen veggies until tender
- While the veggies are sautee'ing - shred the pre-cooked chicken
- Once the veggies are ready; add the soup and chicken. Stir in freshly ground pepper and salt to taste. Cook until bubbly
- Fill 6 individual pots or an 8X8 baking dish with the veggie/chicken mixture. Add hot sauce to the individual dishes for the adults and stir.
- Top with crescent roll dough
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and fully cooked