My Very First Thursday Thirteen! is the 123rd Thursday Thirteen!! I am just not cool enough to figure out how to create links to graphics so no pretty header link here.
Thirteen Bizarre and Unusual laws on the books in Texas.
The italicized comments are my additions.
1. Abilene: It is illegal to idle or loiter anyplace within the corporate limits of the city for the purpose of flirting or mashing.
So, keep moving if you want to flirt within the corporate limits of Abilene
2. Dallas: It’s illegal to possess realistic dildos.Just exactly how does this law get enforced? “Ma’am, I need to check your goody drawers please.”
3. Houston: Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on Monday. Them Houstonians have some interesting clocks.
4. Corpus Christi: it is illegal to raise alligators in your home. But crocodiles are fine.
5. Kingsville: There is a law against two pigs having sex on the city’s airport property.So no pork can pork at the airport? Got it.
6. It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.You must move either down one floor or up one floor.
7. It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.
8. It is illegal to spit on the sidewalk.I could totally support this law!
9. It is legal for a husband to beat his wife as long as he uses something no bigger than his thumb. Thus, the Rule of Thumb
10. It is unlawful for a person to consume an alcoholic beverage while operating a motor vehicle upon a public roadway, if the person is observed doing so by a peace officer.So the lesson here? Don’t let them see you?.
11. Port Arthur: Obnoxious odors may not be emitted while in an elevator.And yet another law I can support.
12. San Antonio: It is illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands.But any other part of the body, go right ahead.
13. You can be legally married by publicly introducing a person as your husband or wife 3 times.There are a bunch of legally married 5 year olds running around this state then.
God Bless Texas!
To find some silly laws in your state check out Dumb.com
View More Thursday Thirteeners Here