Thursday Thirteen

I am back on Top Momma! Thanks Unpink who alerted me!! Wow. How’d that happen? Please go to Top Momma and click on princess’ face and show me some love!! Thanks y’all

My Very First Thursday Thirteen! is the 123rd Thursday Thirteen!! I am just not cool enough to figure out how to create links to graphics so no pretty header link here.

Thirteen Bizarre and Unusual laws on the books in Texas.
The italicized comments are my additions.
Yee Haw!!

1. Abilene: It is illegal to idle or loiter anyplace within the corporate limits of the city for the purpose of flirting or mashing.
So, keep moving if you want to flirt within the corporate limits of Abilene

2. Dallas: It’s illegal to possess realistic dildos.Just exactly how does this law get enforced? “Ma’am, I need to check your goody drawers please.”

3. Houston: Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on Monday. Them Houstonians have some interesting clocks.

4. Corpus Christi: it is illegal to raise alligators in your home. But crocodiles are fine.

5. Kingsville: There is a law against two pigs having sex on the city’s airport property.So no pork can pork at the airport? Got it.

6. It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.You must move either down one floor or up one floor.
7. It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.

8. It is illegal to spit on the sidewalk.I could totally support this law!

9. It is legal for a husband to beat his wife as long as he uses something no bigger than his thumb. Thus, the Rule of Thumb

10. It is unlawful for a person to consume an alcoholic beverage while operating a motor vehicle upon a public roadway, if the person is observed doing so by a peace officer.So the lesson here? Don’t let them see you?.

11. Port Arthur: Obnoxious odors may not be emitted while in an elevator.And yet another law I can support.

12. San Antonio: It is illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands.But any other part of the body, go right ahead.

13. You can be legally married by publicly introducing a person as your husband or wife 3 times.There are a bunch of legally married 5 year olds running around this state then.

God Bless Texas!
To find some silly laws in your state check out Dumb.com
View More Thursday Thirteeners Here

Comments

1. Emily says

#2 — well, Google ads popped up an ad for custom-built dildos (modeled on someone you know), so I guess that company would be illegal.

#13 — Your reply just cracked me up

2. Kendra says

I'll make sure and tell my DH not to shoot any buffalo from our hotel room window.
    And I am moving to Port Arthur just for #1!

3. Bethany says

Very interesting– I could get behind the spitting one for sure!!

Did you know that in my state it’s legal for policeman may bite a dog to quiet him?? ;)

4. MomTo4KidsNY says

I am so glad that I don’t live in Texas because then my son Gregory who is 5 would be married to Devyn!(his now declared wife according to texas law) I know for a fact that they have said they were married already 6 times!!

5. Amy says

This is fantastic! No realistic dildos??? If I had time to burn I’d have to find out WHY ON EARTH that became a law. There must be a really good story behind that one.

6. Sheila says

LOL! Some seem reasonable while others seem so bizzare you have to wonder if they were drinking when they wrote them!

7. Christine says

this is hysterical! I’m relieved to know I’m not wandering around my own state of TX breaking any laws. love the no shooting buffalo from 2nd story….

8. Rachel says

LOL! Thanks for the warm welcomes to the TT family y’all!
    Sheila ~ of course they were drinking! This is Texas!! ;-)
    Thanks for coming all you first timers! I hope y’all come back again for more fun and frivolity!
    Sparky~ LMAO!! apparently!
    Rian~ The real question… why do you have a pig at the airport? LOL!!

9. The Sports Mama says

Hehehe…. in Arizona, you are only allowed to have two dildos per household. Of course, its also against the law to have more than six women living in the same house, so you can see how its all tied together! ;)

10. The Mocha Mom says

ROFLMAO- this is one of the funniest TT’s I have read all day, maybe I will do one for my own state some time. This was great! Thanks for sharing. I am up too!

11. suchsimplepleasures says

hilarious. i’m going to have to check out michigan laws. maybe, i’ll have to start doing thursday thirteen…give in to the peer pressure of all of my fave fellow bloggers! not sure about the haiku friday, though. not exactly a poet, but, at least know it…snort…get it? at least i know it…it rhymed…my god…i crack myself up…

12. Don Mills Diva says

Thanks for some good laughs. I LOVE that picture of your daughter. Just discovered your blog and really like it!

13. pjazzypar says

I had to look at your list because I currently reside in Dallas. I will definitely keep # 2 in mind. It seems that Texas also has a thing about flirting. As the signs state on the freeway…”Don’t Mess With Texas”.m Happy TT.

14. Amy says

Very funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Check out my blog. I was encouraged to write a difficult post, and I want to encourage you also (you’ve been tagged). Please don’t hate me, I think you would have something valuable to offer to this “conversation”. I promise all future tags will be of the fun variety!
    Take care!

15. Nicholas says

What is amazing is that legislators presumably sat down, debated and then passed those laws. What were they thinking?

16. txmomx6 says

Dang! I just milked my neighbor’s cow yesterday!!!
    And wait — we can’t mash potatoes in Abilene?! I best not pack my masher for the next trip! :)
    I love your blog — another Tx mom — yay for us!

17. Supreme Ruler of the W. Household says

How funny! Thanks for sharing.
    Oddly enough, many of those laws look just like the very same ones in other parts of the world where women are being oppressed. God bless America, huh?