Today’s Mouthwatering Monday post is an easy faux fancy dish. It sounds fancy, just say it: “Quiche Lorraine”, do you hear the ooohs and aaahhhs from your friends and family? They will be impressed and they will devour it, trust me. My husband looked at my mom like she was serving him melted plastic when she served him quiche for the first time, and then he ate 3/4 of the dang thing. This recipe changes a bit every time that I make it, there are all different additions and variations you can use, but this is my favorite.
- Plain pastry, 9″ shell
- 8 bacon slices, diced
- ½ C chopped green onions, tops to bottoms = about 1 bunch
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp onion pepper
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 ¼ C fresh shredded swiss cheese
- 1 C sliced mushrooms
- 2 C light cream (half and half)
- 3 shakes pepper, to taste
- Line the 9 inch pie pan with pastry, trim the edges and crimp, flute or fork the edges for a decorative presentation.
- Brown bacon lightly; drain off excess fat (don’t I wish I could do that with me) Add green onions and mushrooms and cook until bacon is golden brown and the onions and mushrooms have softened, slightly
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine eggs, cheese, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper. Add light cream and blend well.
- Add in bacon mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into pie shell. (use a soup ladle if necessary to get all of the filling into the shell)
Do you want to watch a video of my making it, then check out the video recipe on Blissfully Delish
If you’re sharing your recipe love with us make sure that you link your MWM recipe post in Mr. Linky, not just your generic URL. Please make sure you link back here in your post and feel free to snag the Tonguegasmic button and place it in your post and/or your sidebar. Try to visit some of the other participants too, you never know where you’ll find your new favorite recipe!! Thanks for playing along!0