These tonguegasmic little bites of hot dough are filled with melty cheese, spicy pepperoni and topped with brushed olive oil and the perfect combination of garlic, oregano, basil and fresh grated parmesan. The pop of ooey gooey cheese, the bite of the pepperoni and the tang of the Italian Seasonings make this an easy, delicious and fantabulous favorite appetizer for your next party, bible study, brunch or just that day where you want to give your family a little something fun and special. I made them for a Spa Girls Spa Cents event and they were devoured in record time.
Pepperoni Pizza Bites
inspired by this recipe
- 2 cans thin crust pizza dough
- 8 oz package sliced pepperoni
- 8 oz block mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano ( I use Mexican Oregano)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp Basil (I use Mediterranean Basil)
- 1/4 C fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Cut mozzarella into 1/4″ cubes (roughly 48)
- Cut pepperoni into bite sized pieces
- Mix olive oil, basil, oregano and garlic
- Roll pizza dough out of cans and pinch out walnut sized pieces.
- Place a chunk of cheese and a couple pieces of pepperoni into a hunk of dough. Close the dough around the cheese and pepperoni, seal and place in a well greased pie pan, seam down. (repeat)
- Once your pan is filled, brush with the olive oil mixture, top with fresh grated parmesan and bake until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara for dipping, if you like. (but they don’t need it!)
Thanks for stopping by the tonguegasmaliciousness that is Mouthwatering Mondays! Sign Mr. Linky, say Howdy, link back here and visit some of the other MWM participants, you’ll be inspired and titillated by the mouthwatering delights they bring to the table. Make sure you leave your MWM url and not your perma-link url 😉 Thanks for joining in. Make sure you grab your tonguegasmic button so others can find us, too.0