So y’all know that I’m doing the Two Weeks of Recipes with Sam’s Club and Kraft and this recipe is so fabulously DEELISH that I had to share it with you.
It was simple, delicious, flavorful, moist, tonguegasmic and just awesome! I have a hard time getting Nathan to eat meatloaf, he is just not a fan and while I love meatloaf I have never understood the whole ketchup sauce topping glaze thing. So when I opened my menu planner (get yours here) and saw Cheese & Salsa & MINI meatloaves well… my interest was piqued and I have to admit there might have been a bit of mouthwatering going on.
We have friends and a brother visiting right now and that means there are THREE additional men to feed, big men, the kind over 6 feet tall with big Texas men appetites. EVERYONE gave this meal and thumbs up and requested more, more, more.
So.. here you have it. I doubled the recipe to accommodate the 6 of us and I prepped the meat hours ahead of time and covered it and put it in the fridge.
Cheesy Salsa Mini Meatloaves
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 C finely chopped onions (I doubled this, we like onions)
- 1 egg
- 12 PREMIUM Saltine Crackers, crushed
- 1 1/2 C KRAFT Mexican style finely shredded Four Cheese Blend, divided
- 1 C salsa, divided
- Heat oven to 400
- Mix first 4 ingredients with 1 C cheese and 1/2 C salsa
- (at this point I covered it in a mixing bowl and let it sit for a few hours, easy do ahead and I think it lets the flavors blend for extra nomminess)
- Press evenly into 12 muffin cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Use the back of a spoon, or your fingers, to make an indention in the center of each ‘muffin’.
- Place muffin tins on a foil covered baking sheet (oops, I forgot that step)
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes (18 in my oven)
- Top with remaining salsa and cheese, bake for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I served this with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and a Green Salad.
Prepare to be amazed as these suckers fly off the plates and disappear into extremely happy tummies.
all comments in italics are mine.
We interrupt this post for the obligatory Disclosure statement:
“Hi, My name is Rachel and I am one of five bloggers selected by Kraft Foods to work on the Kraft Foods and Sam’s Club Two Week Dinner Planner program. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program which includes my trip to Sam’s Club, my interactions/experience with the two week dinner planner and my posts about my experience. I have also been compensated for the food purchased for the two week dinner planner. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.”
I will be back tomorrow to tell you all about my first week and my thoughts on one stop shopping, the menu planner and more.
Today, was just all about the recipe because it really was that delicious.
PSSSSSST: Don’t forget to find your local Sam’s Club by using the Sam’s Club Store Locator here because Sam’s Club will be doing special 4th of July menu tastings and things this weekend!