These are quite honestly the most amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies ever. (Chocolate Chip cookies are one of those foods where everyone has their favorite and their exact idea of what produces, the perfect chocolate chip cookie: These however… won the FIRST EVER Cookie Cook Off at the Spudz household. Thankyouverymuch.)
Cook them just enough and you have those chewy, soft, doughy, delicious brown sugar and vanilla flavored cookies that are the favorite of so many chocolate chip cookie lovers; cook them just a mere two minutes longer, until the edges are a deeper golden brown and they take on the crispness that is valued among those other chocolate chip cookie lovers
A moment of silence, please. I do not know what has happened to my beloved KitchenAid Stand Mixer’s on/off lever/switch/toggle. I’m now crippled in the kitchen as I use my mixer weekly, often daily even.
My wonderful 80 + year old neighbors lent me their hand mixer which has been around longer than I have so that I could make these cookies and other goodies for our guests and I’m eternally grateful. Since I was wrestling with a hand mixer instead of my beloved KitchenAid stand mixer… I wasn’t able to take my normal pictures. Hope y’all forgive me
ENOUGH about me On to this recipe which I promise y’all will thank me for later!
Princess wants me to tell y’all the the dough is *nearly* as delicious as the baked cookies
Recipe: The Most Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 1/4 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt, if you have it)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- (Wet/Creaming Ingredients)
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 C light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 C vanilla sugar (this is the secret)
- 1 tsp PURE vanilla extract (don’t you DARE use imitation)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 C Dark Chocolate Chips (or semi-sweet if you don’t like Dark)
- 1 1 4 C Milk Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 (F)
- In a large bowl mix together: flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together: butter, vanilla sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs to your butter mixture and beat well.
- Gradually add in flour, about a cup at a time and beat until fully incorporated.
- Gently add in chocolate chips, mixing with a spoon or spatula until they are completely mixed in (this ensures 1 to 2 chocolate chips per bite)
- Use a table spoon to scoop out the dough and place rounded spoonfuls about an inch and a half apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes (light hint of gold around the edges for the chewy soft chocolate chip cookies, deep tawny golden brown around the edges for the crisp crunchy chocolate chip cookies)
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack
- You really don’t need to worry about storage on these.. they go so fast
* I L-O-V-E walnuts in my chocolate chip cookies. Add about 1/2 to 1 C chopped walnuts to the cookies to send them into an even more delicious state. * 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon will give a crazy depth to these
*** if you’ve never made vanilla sugar.. YOU SHOULD! I haven’t written a tutorial for it yet Luckily for y’all.. the wonderful Baking Bites has a super easy tutorial
The Picture Linky has been really popular so I’m stickin’ with it I have to admit.. my visual heart LOVES IT so much more than the text linky Thanks so much for y’all’s input!!!
y’all know the routine Link up your recipe URL, leave a comment, visit others, link back here so others can find the recipe sharing fun.