Rich, Dark, Creamy Hot Chocolate

[donotprint] hot chocolate and candy canes

This recipe took me by surprise.

I don’t drink chocolate milk.
I don’t enjoy chocolate milk.

I don’t like white chocolate. at. all.

Dark chocolate or go home.

For the past 3 years I’ve seen tons of homemade hot chocolate mix recipes floating around the internet and they’ve always piqued my interest but, they’ve never tempted me enough that I’ve actually wanted to make my own.

UNTIL.

I stumbled across this one

She used the words ‘thick and creamy and super chocolatey‘  right there, she had me, she told me that this hot chocolate wasn’t like the traditional thin, watery, hot chocolate milk that most of us are used to.

This was going to be a rich, decadent, tonguegasmic treat

hot chocolate

Something that you don’t just drink, you savor.

Hot chocolate is not something that’s consumed frequently down here.

However, last week — the temperatures finally dipped below the 60 F mark

They dipped into the frigid holy hail this is cold range

cold thermometer

That kind of cold means that even Diet Dr Pepper must take a back seat and since I don’t drink coffee (eeeeeeewwwwwww) hot chocolate it must be.

I won’t do packets, especially packets that ask you to mix with water — SERIOUSLY.  just STOP.

So, I pulled her recipe back up.. made a change or two to adapt for my dark chocolate lovin’ soul and —-

y’all

oh. mah. holy. hell.

you’re welcome.

hot chocolate mix white choc chips

Homemade Dark Cocoa Mix

also known as

hot, rich, warm tonguegasmic chocolate beverage
hot chocolate and candy canes [/donotprint]
[print_link]

Recipe: Homemade Hot Cocoa

• 2 C (not packed) Powdered Sugar
  • 3 C non-fat dry milk
  • 1 1/2 C dark cocoa
  • 1 1/2 C white chocolate chips

1. Use a spoon to scoop the powdered sugar in to the measuring cup, do not pack it down.
  2. Mix the Powdered Sugar, dry milk and dark cocoa together
  3. add in the white chocolate chips
  4. 1 C at a time, add to food processor, powerful blender, Ninja etc…. and pulse until a fine powder with white chocolate slivers/bits is produced
  5. add 1/4 C to 1 C heated milk, whisk until rich, creamy, hot chocolate is achieved.

Quick Notes

* top with miniature marshmallows or homemade whipped cream if desired

[donotprint]

Happy FIRST Mouthwatering Monday of 2011!!!

Y’all know how to play:

• link up
  • link back
  • comment on others and share the love

[/donotprint]

Comments

I sure wish I could be down South because it’s Fre-Freezing here in Utah {teen digits-yikes}; I happened to have all these ingredients & you’ve made me want to try the recipe out the next time I need to warm my tummy :) Thanks for sharing :)

I can do this one!

Of course I have NONE of the ingredients. So tomorrow it’ll be the store.

Aaaaaannd, of course, I don’t have a measuring cup. Or a wisk. That’s that little whippy thing right? Or home made whipped cream.

But I have a spoon, and my blender isn’t powerful but I do have a “ninja” kitty just in case.

I can do this. I’m happy. Thank you I. Am. Going. To. Love. This.
    Craig´s most recent brilliance ..Love and stones and schemes and forgiveness part 1

Craig,

You crack me up.
      Yes, the whisk is the wire wippy thingy ;-)

You need something that will whip the flakes into a fine powder — if you use your ninja kitty, I ask that you video it because I really, really want to see that.

:-)
      ENJOY!

hmmm, good treat for this cold weather!
    Happy★ 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
    •。★2011★ 。* 。
    ° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚
    ˚ ˛ •˛•*/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
    ˚ ˛ •˛• | 田田|門| Happy New Year
    lani´s most recent brilliance ..Creamy Chocolate Brownies

I too refuse packets. I have found ONE mix (in a can) that I LOVE and it’s Stephens Candycane Cocoa. I do half water and half milk and top with whipped cream. It’s decadent and thick and creamy, not watery like the usual mixes.

This looks super yum!

Have you ever made whipped hot chocolate? I have a recipe around here somewhere and it’s amazing too… you could probably do the same with this???
    Erica Mueller´s most recent brilliance ..Focused Creativity

I grew up in South Florida and didn’t drink much hot chocolate as a kid, but my own Middle Tennessee babies are forging memories with snow and hot chocolate. I’m a recent convert to milk instead of water, but am still using mixes. Could be time to step it up.
    Rebecca at Toothwhale´s most recent brilliance ..Cornbread pudding

6. Fire-Eyes says

I am so glad to be back to blogging. I am so glad to see you are still here. I love making all kinds of cocoas and this one looks great.

Here in MN if it was 60 degrees we’d be making ice cold lemonade to drink! :) Our high temps will be in the single digits this week. lows below zero. So your hot chocolate recipe will be perfect for us here!

We are so loving the little dip in TX temps this week. I even had to dig out my gloves to walk the dog this morning. I love your cocoa recipe and think I have some white chocolate chips that didn’t quite make into the holiday baking so as our last day of vacation tomorrow it’s Hot Chocolate! Happy New Year!
    Heidi’s Recipes´s most recent brilliance ..Old Bay Shrimp Salad Recipe

9. Linda Q says

Just had to take a moment to say hello, and thank you for your great recipes.. I made your Dark Chocolate Hot Chocolate, and it is soooooo good and yummy.. Thank you for taking the time to share your goodies with all us non-talents..
    Linda/Q

The governmenthas been working difficult to spread the term and
    reach out to those that arein most necessity of help with their mortgage super real first, go towards
    the bank of your respective choice to make a meeting with all the branch manager or new accounts manager.
    super real´s most recent brilliance ..super real

Unfortunately, most of human kind has turned away
    from their light within. Commonly most intense in the neck, shoulder and back of the head.
    The entrepreneur must own 30%-100% shareholding
    in the company and has prior experience and track record in starting and managing businesses.
    Temple Run 2 tips´s most recent brilliance ..Temple Run 2 tips

When I initially commented I appear to have clicked
    on the -Notify me when new comments are added-
    checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I receive
    4 emails with the exact same comment. Perhaps there is a means you can
    remove me from that service? Cheers!
    juicer health benefits´s most recent brilliance ..juicer health benefits