This recipe took me by surprise.
I don’t drink chocolate milk.
I don’t enjoy chocolate milk.
I don’t like white chocolate. at. all.
Dark chocolate or go home.
For the past 3 years I’ve seen tons of homemade hot chocolate mix recipes floating around the internet and they’ve always piqued my interest but, they’ve never tempted me enough that I’ve actually wanted to make my own.
I stumbled across this one
She used the words ‘thick and creamy and super chocolatey‘ right there, she had me, she told me that this hot chocolate wasn’t like the traditional thin, watery, hot chocolate milk that most of us are used to.
This was going to be a rich, decadent, tonguegasmic treat
Something that you don’t just drink, you savor.
Hot chocolate is not something that’s consumed frequently down here.
However, last week — the temperatures finally dipped below the 60 F mark
They dipped into the frigid
holy hail this is cold range
That kind of cold means that even Diet Dr Pepper must take a back seat and since I don’t drink coffee (eeeeeeewwwwwww) hot chocolate it must be.
I won’t do packets, especially packets that ask you to mix with water — SERIOUSLY. just STOP.
So, I pulled her recipe back up.. made a change or two to adapt for my dark chocolate lovin’ soul and —-
oh. mah. holy. hell.
Homemade Dark Cocoa Mix
also known as
Recipe: Homemade Hot Cocoa
- 2 C (not packed) Powdered Sugar
- 3 C non-fat dry milk
- 1 1/2 C dark cocoa
- 1 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- Use a spoon to scoop the powdered sugar in to the measuring cup, do not pack it down.
- Mix the Powdered Sugar, dry milk and dark cocoa together
- add in the white chocolate chips
- 1 C at a time, add to food processor, powerful blender, Ninja etc…. and pulse until a fine powder with white chocolate slivers/bits is produced
- add 1/4 C to 1 C heated milk, whisk until rich, creamy, hot chocolate is achieved.
* top with miniature marshmallows or homemade whipped cream if desired
Happy FIRST Mouthwatering Monday of 2011!!!
Y’all know how to play:
- leave a comment
- link up
- link back
- comment on others and share the love