Each recipe must fit these requirements: 10 ingredients or less, can be made in under 45 minutes and feed a family of 4. This is all to help give y’all new ideas for great back to school dinners. By the end of this challenge, y’all will have 32 new recipes to choose from! Every day during this challenge you have the opportunity to vote on the Meal Maker Back to School challenge Facebook page for your favorite blogger. The top 2 voted bloggers will get to go head to head in a live cook off challenge in San Antonio on August 28th at H-E-B!! The cook-off will be presided over by George Duran!
This week’s H-E-B in store Combo Loco Deal (Aug 17th to 30th) is Buy Egg Beaters (15-16 oz) and get H-E-B Muesli (13.5 oz) free with in store coupon.
Thus, this week’s Secret Ingredient Recipe Challenge was Egg Beaters. I’ve seen Egg Beaters in the store for a while, but never bought them. This gave me the perfect excuse.
I decided to make my favorite quick and easy egg dish (besides Migas), baked mini Egg *muffins*. Egg Beaters are perfect for these!
I cooked up 2 slices of bacon and 2 oz of hot sausage to add to my dish, pulled out my bag of mixed cheese and went to town.
I sprayed my mini muffin tin with PAM, filled 12 cups 3/4 full with regular Egg Beaters into which I crumbled up the bacon and topped with a sprinkle of cheese and a couple passes with my pepper grinder; the other 12 cups I filled 3/4 full with Southwestern Style Egg beaters and then put some crumbled hot sausage and cheese and again, a few passes with my pepper grinder.
Bake for about 13 minutes in a 375 F oven
While the Mini Egg *muffins* were baking, I sliced up oranges, cooked some more bacon and toasted some whole grain bread.
Once the Egg cups were ready I plated the meal and set it on the table, as I was plating a dish for photographing (my family is so patient)
I heard; “Mom, look at me”
As I turned back to my dish, giggling, I saw this:
They are working TOGETHER against me, y’all —
I’m so proud
This meal came together easily in under 30 minutes and was delicious, I love the mini egg *muffins* because they’re the perfect size for little hands and mouths.
I usually add onions, garlic, peppers and spices to mine and Nathan’s eggs so the Southwestern Style Egg Beaters were absolutely perfect and much faster than me doing it all myself.
The kids LOVED their bacon, egg, cheese muffins – my daughter is excited to try making her own scrambled eggs with no eggshells in them with the original Egg Beaters, and when I told them they could even use them to make their favorite bacon and egg tacos — oooh buddy, you’d have thought I told them they won the lottery
- Original Egg Beaters (or your preferred flavor - we also used Southwestern Style)
- 2 oz cooked hot sausage
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- Mixed Cheese Blend
- Pepper (if desired)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F
- Spray Mini Muffin Tin with Pam Baking Spray
- Fill Cups ¾ full with Egg Beaters
- Top with crumbled bacon and/or hot sausage
- Sprinkle each cup with cheese
- Top with freshly ground pepper (if desired)
- Bake about 13 minutes or until the tops are puffed up and a toothpick, or dry spaghetti noodle comes out clean
These also make wonderful and quick treats to take for a Teacher Appreciation or Back To School Breakfast; these are easy to grab and eat on the go for those busy teachers!
So don’t forget:
In Store Combo-Loco Deals Good until August 30th:
- Buy Hebrew National Franks (11-12 oz) and get PAM for the Grill (5-6 oz) and Hunt’s Ketchup (24 oz) Free with in-store coupon
- Buy Egg Beaters (15-16 oz) and get H-E-B Muesli (13.5 oz) free with in-store coupon (starts Aug 17th)
- Buy two (2) Marie Callender’s (8.5 – 21 oz), get Kid Cuisine (7 – 10 oz) free with online coupon (good until August 30th)
- Buy Ro*Tel (28 oz), get Wolf Brand Chili (19 oz) free with online coupon (good until August 23rd)
- Buy Minute Maid Juice Box, get Chef Micro Bowl (7.25 oz – 7.5 oz) free with online coupon (August 17th to August 30th)
If you’d be so kind – take a moment and go vote for me on the Meal Maker Challenge page
For my part in this Meal Maker Challenge, I am being compensated and have received some products (some of which you can win – more about that later) All opinions, recipes, thoughts and ramblings are completely my own.