Each recipe must fit these requirements: 10 ingredients or less, can be made in under 45 minutes and feed a family of 4. This is all to help give y’all new ideas for great back to school dinners. By the end of this challenge, y’all will have 32 new recipes to choose from! Every day during this challenge you have the opportunity to vote on the Meal Maker Back to School challenge Facebook page for your favorite blogger. The top 2 voted bloggers will get to go head to head in a live cook off challenge in San Antonio on August 28th at H-E-B!! The cook-off will be presided over by George Duran!
This week’s secret ingredient –
I use frozen veggies for so many things: stir fry, pasta, casseroles etc…
I decided that for our #HEBack2School family friendly meal challenge, I wanted to make individual pot pies.
My kids love personalized servings, and so do I.
These chicken pot pies are ridiculously easy and so delicious.
Traditionally, I like to use pie crust for Pot Pies but my kids *begged* for flaky crescent rolls instead. They love the sweetness that they add.
One 1 lb (16 oz) bag of your favorite HEB frozen veggies, 1 (10.5 oz) can Cream of Mushroom soup with Roasted Garlic, 1 can Crescent Roll Dough, 1 pre-cooked whole roasted chicken (I used the H-E-B lemon pepper flavored one — lemon pepper chicken is the first dish I ever made for my husband, so that flavor holds a special place in our hearts)
Sautee’ the frozen veggies in a skillet until just softened
While the veggies are softening, shred the pre-cooked chicken
Add the chicken, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Salt and Pepper to the veggies and cook until bubbling.
For Nathan and myself, I add a dash of Hot Sauce and stir it into our pot pies
This is where you top each pot pie with crescent roll dough. It’s super easy, you just stretch and wrap to fit. Like I said, I prefer pie crust dough, I can cut it to fit and I prefer the flavor, but my kids loooove the sweet flakiness of crescents.
Bake at 350 until the tops are golden brown – this took about 15 minutes in my oven.
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen veggies
- 1 (10.5 oz) can Cream of Mushroom Soup with Roasted Garlic
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 pre-cooked roasted chicken (about 3 C. once shredded)
- Salt, Pepper and Hot Sauce (if desired)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Saute' one bag of frozen veggies until tender
- While the veggies are sautee'ing - shred the pre-cooked chicken
- Once the veggies are ready; add the soup and chicken. Stir in freshly ground pepper and salt to taste. Cook until bubbly
- Fill 6 individual pots or an 8X8 baking dish with the veggie/chicken mixture. Add hot sauce to the individual dishes for the adults and stir.
- Top with crescent roll dough
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and fully cooked
it’s Week 4 – Here is a round-up of my recipes:
Don’t forget to check in on the other 7 Meal Maker Challenge Competitors and get some more delicious recipes!!!
If you’d be so kind – take a moment and go vote for me on the Meal Maker Challenge page
For my part in this Meal Maker Challenge, I am being compensated and have received some products (some of which you can win – more about that later) All opinions, recipes, thoughts and ramblings are completely my own.
Happy Monday! I love seeing what y’all are sharing.
I get inspired and I often drool over what y’all are feeding your friends and family.
- Link up one recipe that you’ve posted over the past week.
- Only link up a recipe that you’ve created
- Link back to Mouthwatering Monday in your linked post
- Share the love
- Visit 3 or more other MWM participants