I would like to introduce y’all to the last pumpkin cake recipe you’ll ever need.
This is a twist on the traditional Texas Sheet Cake, but with all the delicious flavors of fall: pumpkin, vanilla, cream cheese….
Did y’all survive the Thanksgiving Feast? Are you still nomming away on leftovers?
I’m actually brining my *leftover* Turkey right now and we’ll be devouring my Poblano and Cilantro Roasted Turkey this week
This dessert was one of the highlights of our Thanksgiving table (well, this and the sock cake – more about that later)
I also took this to the school for the Staff Thanksgiving Luncheon and I think it was one of the first to disappear.
This cake is moist – and rich and delicious and when topped with the Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting . It’s worth every calorie. Every. Single. Decadent. Delicious. Amazing. Moment.
- 4 eggs
- 1 C vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
- 2¼ C white granulated sugar
- 1 (16 oz) can of pure Pumpkin
- 2 C all purpose flour (do not pack, spoon it into the measuring cups)
- 2 rounded tsp. cinnamon (roasted if you have it)
- pinch of salt (if desired)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese - softened
- ¾ stick butter (5 Tbsp) - softened - not room temp
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1½ Tbsp pure vanilla extract or Vanilla Bean Paste if you like the specks of vanilla in the frosting
- 2½ C powdered Sugar (or more for consistency)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium bowl: add flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda
- In mixing bowl cream together: Eggs, Oil, and Sugar
- Add in the Pumpkin, mix well
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and blend well
- Pour into a well greased 11X17" rimmed baking pan (aka sheet pan)
- Bake for 22 to 28 minutes, or until a dry spaghetti noodle comes out slightly crumby
- Let cool and then frost with Cream Cheese Frosting (I freeze it for about 30 minutes after frosted)
- Beat Cream Cheese and Butter together until creamy.
- Add milk, vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add more powdered sugar or vanilla, to taste and consistency
Served at room temperature or slightly chilled, this is the most amazing pumpkin cake, and one of my most requested recipes.