Happy Friday, y’all. It’s Black Friday… I hope y’all survived. I’m totally curious as to how many of y’all are cruising on no sleep because you’ve been in line for Black Friday deals or online for Black Friday deals.
Do y’all Black Friday shop? Do you stay home and bask in tryptophan induced euphoria??
Now that Thanksgiving is behind us… it’s full tilt ahead to Christmas!
I’m so excited to introduce y’all to today’s featured guest. Melissa is no stranger to A Southern Fairytale.. she’s a frequent Mouthwatering Monday participant and one of the sweetest commenters around. Melissa’s delightful blog – Melissa’s Cuisine is one y’all should all be familiar with. Melissa is adorable, sweet, funny, talented and has a heart as big as Texas.
If you haven’t already become a fan of her, you definitely should!
Don’t forget to stop by According 2 Kelly to get some Craft inspiration and Skip To My Lou for your daily does of Sewing inspiration, plus the links to the other 2 amazing giveaways we have going on!!!
I’m Melissa, from Melissa’s Cuisine. I like to think that my blog has something for everyone–whether you’re looking for a show stopping dessert, a sweet treat, or a quick dinner–I have you covered!
I’m thrilled to be posting as part of the Holiday Bake, Craft & Sew Along this year! Are you as inspired by all these great posts as I am?
Did you enjoy your day yesterday? I hope you were blessed with time with family, friends, and delicious foods! And, were you as crazy as I was, and braved the crowds to score some great deals this morning? Now that Thanksgiving is behind us and it seems we’re charging full steam ahead to Christmas!
Do you have your Christmas shopping done?
No? Me either! But let’s forget about Christmas shopping for a few minutes and talk about something much more exciting–White Chocolate Santa Mix! This is a fantastic snack to make and have on hand for all your Christmas parties. It would also make a fun Christmas gift.
If you have children, I think this would be a fun treat to make with them. The most time consuming part is making the little Santa hats, but the end result is worth it!
White Chocolate Santa Mix
Makes about 20 servings
1/2 cup red chocolate candy melts
1 cup Bugles
mini dehydrated marshmallows, if desired
2 cups Chex cereal
2 cups Cheerios cereal
2 cups popped popcorn
2 cups pretzels
1 cup Christmas M&Ms
1-1/2 cups white chocolate candy melts
1. In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the red chocolate candy melts in the microwave. I microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Then return to the microwave in 15 second increments until the chocolate is melted.
2. Using a fork, dip the Bugles into the red chocolate and place coated Bugles on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Allow the red chocolate to harden.
3. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate candy melts in the microwave following the directions in step 1.
4. Dip the wide end of the Bugles into the white chocolate to form the brim of the Santa hat. Return to the wax paper lined cookie sheet.
5. When the white chocolate has hardened, dip the tops of each hat into the white chocolate to form the pom-pom at the top of the hat.
6. If desired, place a mini marshmallow on top of the white chocolate. Return the hats to the lined cookie sheet to dry.
7. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Chex, Cheerios, popcorn, pretzels, and M&Ms.
8. Pour melted white chocolate over the mixture and stir to coat thoroughly.
9. Spread the chocolate coated mixture in an even layer onto 2 wax paper lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle the Santa hats on top.
10. Allow the white chocolate to cool completely before breaking the mixture apart and storing in an airtight container.
Thanks for having me today, Rachel!