These cookies are beyond description. They are rich, dense, chewy and the chocolate flavor is enhanced by the dry hint of coffee. They will tease your taste buds, tempt your senses and drive you crazy (in a good way). You will want a Paul Bunyon sized glass of ice cold milk to accompany these cookies.
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 2/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee crystals
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a mixing bowl, beat softened butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, 1/3 C cocoa powder, coffee, baking soda and cinnamon
- Beat until well incorporated, scraping bowl when needed
- Beat in egg whites
- Add flour in 1/4 Cup increments, blending each well before adding the next
- Cover dough and put in refrigerator to chill for one hour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 C granulated sugar and 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Shape dough into 1″ balls, shape each ball into a 1 1/2″ rectangle (log), roll each log in the cocoa sugar mixture and place each ‘cookie’ on the cookie sheet leaving about 1 1/2″ between each ‘cookie’
- Bake about 7 minutes or until the edges are just firm.
- Remove, sprinkle with remaining cocoa sugar mixture. Let cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes, remove to wire racks
- Resist the urge to eat immediately because you will scald your taste buds beyond repair and then you will be cheated out the chance to enjoy these dense, rich, insanely tonguegasmalicious cookies.
Trust me, they are worth the wait
Grab your button, post your recipe and sign the Mr. Linky, make sure you link directly to your recipe post!!