There’s a certain beauty in simple ingredients. Sharp bursting tomatoes, peppery, licorice flavored basil, fragrant savory garlic, pasta and the tang of dry white wine. When you can blend these ingredients into a fresh, simple, delicious pasta dish that’s easy to make and prepared in under 30 minutes… it’s even better.
Pampered Chef sent me their Covered Baking Dish to try. I was skeptical, y’all know me. Something you make in the microwave, and I’m going to like it? Probably not.
Then, there was the garlic slicer.. I love, love, LOVE the garlic slicer, it might be my new favorite kitchen tool. Y’all know me, I rarely cook without garlic .. the only downside, they didn’t send the garlic peeler, too. ;-( (There’s always a catch, right?) 😉
Nathan and I pored over the included recipes and decided upon the Chicken and Penne Pasta.
It was better, easier and more flavorful than I thought it would be. Nathan ate two helpings.
They have entire recipes centered around this baking dish and I have to admit looking at them, I wasn’t all that impressed but now, after eating this one… I’m intrigued and looking forward to trying more.
- 4 garlic cloves (I used 7.. y’all know me)
- 2 C grape, cherry tomatoes
- 3 C uncooked penne pasta (barilla pasta plus)
- 3 C chicken broth
- 3/4 C dry white whine ( Barefoot Chardonnay)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper (1 tsp)
- 1 1/4 C lightly packed fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1 oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (1/4 C packed)
- 2 C diced grilled chicken (about 3 breasts)
(italicized parentheses are mine)
- Spray Deep Covered Baker with olive oil spray. Slice garlic, I used my Garlic Slicer (woot!!! this may be my new favorite kitchen toy) Add tomatoes. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave another 3 minutes.
- Crush tomatoes and garlic. Add pasta, wine, broth and spices. Microwave for 18 minutes, Stir at 10 minutes.
- Coarsely chop basil and grate cheese, chop chicken.
- Carefully remove the dish from the microwave, remove the lid (beware of steam), stir in basil, chicken and cheese. Mix well.
- Top with additional cheese and garlic and pepper (if you like)
If you’re joining in the MWM linky, thank you. I love that you’re here every week, I thank you for joining if it’s your first Monday. This is a joyous place for people to share their favorite recipes, their love of food and their general desire to revel in the nom nom of good food. Please grab your tonguegasmic button, say HI, sign the MkcLinky with your Recipe URL and then visit the other MWM participants!
So here’s the deal. I am actually so impressed with the Covered Baking Dish that Pampered Chef is offering one to one of my readers, that means one of y’all! This is a huge deal y’all.. this thing is oven safe, microwave safe, freezer/fridge safe and it is fantastic quality stoneware. You want this. Trust me.
So, tell me do you use Pampered Chef products? IF you do, which Pampered Chef product has made your life easier? If you don’t , why do you love cooking and which Pampered Chef product would inspire you in your kitchen?
For a 2nd entry: Tweet this and leave the Tweet URL in an additional comment
For a 3rd entry: If you had any amount to spend at PamperedChef.com what would you buy, and why?
In case you need me to be more transparent.. YES, I received the product gratis. NO, they were not able to purchase my review and opinion. If I hadn’t like this.. you would have known. I’m as transparent as saran wrap and as honest as the day is long.. Y’all know that. I’m just blessed to be able to have this opportunity and to share this product with y’all.
You have until Wednesday, August 5th at 11:59PM CST to enter. I’ll then use random.org to pick a winner
Congratulations to our Winner: Alisha in Ohio
Submitted on 2009/08/03 at 1:16pm
If I could buy more stuff I would buy
More stoneware! (esp. the Bar Pan!)
The garlic press
and that lovely baker dish you have 🙂
Commenter #35 as chosen by Random.Org