Good Gracious y’all! After today, there’s only one more recipe left in the Handmade Holiday Bake Along; I hope that y’all have bookmarked all these recipes and have visited the amazing women who’ve shared their talents with us. Don’t forget, Kelly is featuring all of the seriously amazing non-sewing gift ideas and Cindy has all of the sewn gift ideas that will make you want to run out and buy a sewing machine if you don’t already own one.
Today’s featured baker is Liz from Hoosier Homemade
Here’s her recipe for Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
These easy to make Homemade Peanut Butter Cups are one of my boys favorite treats. We enjoy making them for friends and family too.
But…they aren’t just for Christmas time. We made some during Easter too, using the same recipe, we made them into Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups Recipe:
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips (I like milk chocolate best)
- 4 Milk Chocolate Candy Bars (1.55 ounces each) I use Hershey’s
- Colored sprinkles, optional
Fill mini muffin tins with liners, set aside.
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, salt and powdered sugar until smooth. Place in frig to chill for a little bit, it makes the dough easier to handle.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter, stir until smooth (this usually takes about 2 minutes)
Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper liners. Top each with a scant teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture (I rolled mine into small balls)
Top with chocolate mixture to cover. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate to set.
Ooo…the ooey, gooey goodness!
- Fill tin with Peanut Butter Cups and give to neighbors, co-workers or teachers
- Add them to your cookie trays
- Fill a coffee mug and add a sample of their favorite coffee
- Fill a box or container with all the ingredients needed to make their own, tuck in a little card with the recipe and directions
You will want to add these to your list for this holiday season for sure!
You can find Liz over at Hoosier Homemade usually surrounded by Cupcakes! I’ve been blogging a little over a year, I share lots of baked goods and decorating tips and tricks, all to help you “Make Your House a Home.” When I’m not baking cupcakes, you can find me partying over on my other blog, It’s A Blog Party, where I host a different linky party everyday. Catch up with me on Twitter and Facebook.