Let’s talk Fudge.
Dark, Chocolatey Fudge chock full of walnuts and vanilla and all kinds of deliciousness.
While searching the blogosphere for a recipe that piqued my interest and tempted my tastebuds, I came across this Nutty Fudge Day recipe on my friend Cindy’s blog – Skip To My Lou. If Cindy endorses it – I’m in. I, of course, tweaked the recipe a tad.
This fudge recipe is delicious, decadent, easy, rich and not overly sweet – which for me, is key, I don’t like super sweet fudge.
Butter – Dark Chocolate Chips – Sweetened Condensed Milk – Vanilla Bean Paste – Salt & Walnuts – that’s it.
In a large microwave safe bowl – I used my 8 C glass measuring cup – put the chocolate chips, butter, condensed milk, salt and vanilla bean paste
I love the pretty specks of vanilla bean in those vanilla bean paste drizzles
Microwave on half power about 2-5 minutes – I microwaved for 1 1/2 minutes on half power, stirred. Microwave another 1 1/2 minutes – stirred again. Just keep doing this until everything is melted – this is not a creamy smooth melted mixture – it’s thick.
Stir in the walnuts
Pour all of this into a foil lined and sprayed 8X8 glass dish – I cover my dish with foil going horizontally and vertically – that way when the fudge is done chilling, I just lift the foil out of the dish and peel it off the bottom of the fudge – easy peasy!
Refrigerate until the fudge is set, remove from the dish, slice and enjoy! This is perfect cut into bite size pieces with a cold glass of milk.
Dark Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- 3 C Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 C butter
- 1 C chopped walnuts
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Line an 8X8 dish with foil (I line mine horizontally and vertically so that once the fudge is chilled - I can use the foil to lift the fudge easily out of the dish for cutting. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave safe dish (I use my 8 C glass measuring bowl) combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, butter, vanilla bean paste and salt. Microwave on half power for about 2 to 5 minutes total, until melted. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes, then stir - another 1 1/2 minutes - stir. Repeat until melted. This is not a creamy melted concoction, it's somewhat thick.
- Stir in Walnuts
- Pour this and smooth into the foil lined 8X8 baking dish; place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Remove from dish, cut into bite size squares and enjoy yourself or give as a gift!