Here we go!
We’re kicking off the first of 4 weeks of recipes with ConAgra Foods and HEB for the 3rd Meal Maker Challenge.
This week’s featured ingredient is Egg Beaters.
I used Egg Beaters to create these super simple and wonderfully delicious Individual Spinach and Mushroom Frittatas.
Each recipe has to include the featured ingredient – have 7 ingredients or less and be able to be made in under 30 minutes and feed a family of four (minimum)
We are HUGE Brinner fans, so as soon as I saw Egg Beaters on the list – I knew that I had to make a twist on one of my favorite family friendly, easy recipes – The Frittata.
These were quick, easy and delicious.
Everyone loved these!
Pair them with fresh fruit, and perhaps a side of crisp bacon or juicy sausage…. you’re an instant hit in your house!
A healthy and delicious breakfast in under 30 minutes and half of that is hands off time – how could you not want to make this?
- 2 C Egg Beaters
- ¼ C diced tomatoes
- 3 mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ C mixed cheese
- ½ Tbsp butter
- ½ C fresh spinach, torn
- 2 stems green onions, chopped – only the green part
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter
- While the butter is melting, chop the mushrooms and add them to the butter; stirring occasionally – cook for about 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms begin to soften and brown slightly
- While the mushrooms are cooking, dice the tomatoes and chop the green onions.
- Mix all the ingredients, except the Egg Beaters together and then divide the ingredients among all 4 ramekins.
- Slowly pour the Egg Beaters into the ramekins and season with salt and pepper
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, or until the Egg Beaters are cooked to your liking.
For adults, or those who like a bit of a kick to their frittatas - add 1 tsp of hot sauce to each fritattata and gently mix before cooking
Want to see what the other Meal Maker Challengers have done with their Egg Beaters?
You can see their recipes by following the links to their blogs:
- Brenda Thompson, Meal Planning Magic
- Crystal Reagan, Simply Being Mommy
- Evin Cooper, Food Good Laundry Bad
- Heather Calhoun, Frugal Reality
- Kristi Reddell, Moms Confession
- Lisa Stauber, Milehimama
- Marina John, Energizer Bunnies Mommy Reports
- Rachel Lacy, Following In My Shoes
- Stephen Ames, Spatula Dad
I’m thrilled to be participating in my 3rd Meal Maker Challenge and working with HEB and ConAgra for a 3rd Consecutive year.
As with last year’s challenge – this is more than just a recipe creation challenge – it’s also a competition. The 2 bloggers whose recipes receive the most votes will meet up in a head to head live cook-off at Texas HEB for a chance to win a $1000 HEB gift card. Y’all can vote once a day for your favorite recipes, it’s up to y’all who goes to this cook-off. I urge y’all to go look at the other Meal Maker Challenge participants – they’re an exceptional bunch of people and please, vote for your favorites!
As an added bonus: I’ll be sharing with y’all the HEB in store Combo Loco Deals that y’all can find in your own HEB stores.
From now to August 14th : When you buy Egg Beaters, you get Greek Yogurt for Free!
Have you ever used Egg Beater’s? What’s your favorite Egg Beater’s trick, tip or recipe???
psst: I’m a compensated participant in this Meal Maker Challenge. My opinions, recipes, thoughts etc.. are 100% my own. Thanks for reading!