I’ve become a huge fan of NPR Podcasts, and one of my favorites: Pop Culture Happy Hour ends each show by going around the room and each sharing what’s making them happy this week.
I am all about the happy.
I truly believe that your perspective shapes your world, so focusing on and making a point to find the happy in each week, day, moment. It’s something that I made an effort to focus on in the latter half of 2013, and I can’t even begin to express in words the impact it had on me, and as a result, everyone around me. Powerful. Life Changing. Monumental. Simple.
Here’s to 2014 and finding the happiness in every moment.
I’m starting the first post of 2014 off with a new weekly series. I’m going to end each week with What’s Making Me Happy, here’s to the first This Week in Happiness
- Way back in 2011, I switched to Mac and now, well…I love my Mac and I consider myself to be an avid Mac-o-phile. Shelly Kramer posted the link to these 14 Mac Hacks That Will Change How You Use Your Computer and I am silly giddy over them.
- Princess has developed a Netflix obsession, and I’m actually quite thrilled with it. She’s discovered Myth Busters and can’t seem to get enough. Watching her eyes light up, her hands fly, and her face alive with animation and excitement as she shares her latest learning, my heart swells with joy. Science for the win!
This coozie from Bucee’s – the vintage can from Miller Lite and spending New Year’s with some of our family’s closest friends at the lakehouse where the wifi connection is virtually nil, but the heart to heart connections are limitless. originally posted on instagram
- Over the past few years I have become inundated with random emails and email subscriptions that have left me weary when dealing with my email inbox. Glory Hallelujah and hear the angels chorus upon my discovery of Unroll.Me FOUR HUNDRED NINETY EIGHT unwanted email subscriptions wiped out in under 30 minutes. BOOYAH BABY! If you haven’t unrolled yourself – GO. NOW. You can come back and thank me later.
- Seeing everyone’s best of 2013 Statigrams made me smile with every single one.
- On Monday, I’ll start the Create.2014 course led by Karen of Chookooloonks, and I am ecstatic. Karen inspires me, makes me laugh, makes me cry, and best of all – she makes me want to be more, be better, do more, give more, make more, and be more to myself. I. Am. So. Excited.
- That Upworthy shared Karen’s ‘On Real Beauty’ Video and hundreds of thousands of people were exposed to the beauty of Karen’s soul and vision
- Cheryl’s Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe has my mouth watering.
- I’ve added Heidi’s unbelievable Butternut Squash lasagna to our family menu for this week. She made it for us at the Better Blog Retreat in Utah and it instantly converted me from skeptic to a butternut squash enthusiast.
Here’s to hoping y’all each are able to find beauty and happiness in your lives.
Tell me friends, what’s making you happy this week?