Happy Monday, y’all.
What a weekend we had! Monkey turned 8 on Saturday; attended 2 birthday parties on his birthday – neither for him, and had his birthday party on Sunday at our favorite gymnastics complex. It was a Texans themed party,and I made the kids’ favorite ice cream cone cupcakes and decorated them with frosting footballs. So much fun!
We got Monkey the only thing he asked for this year, and he was a little… well, I’ll let you see for yourself.
I hope that made your Monday morning a little brighter.
Okay, on to the recipes! I swear y’all, I want to feature healthier and lighter recipes, but y’all are all over some delicious sweets and treats and who am I to argue? 🙂
First up are these Apple Pie Fries from Wheel n Deal Mama. I’ve got to say that I agree with her completely when she says these are a perfect fall treat. Little bites of apple pie in dip-able form! YUM!
Buffalo Sauce aka Hot Wing Sauce is one of my favorite condiments. I use it in my slow cooker, as an ingredient in dips, as an addition to Bloody Mary’s and more… Which means that when I spied this Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf recipe linked up last week by What Rose Knows, I had to click through to check it out. I love this combination, and making this into meatloaf – brilliant!
Next up… something healthy!!!! I grew up eating cucumbers pickled in vinegar and white onions eaten right out of the tupperware from Granny’s fridge. To this day, that’s still one of my favorite treats. yum When I saw this Spicy Thai Cucumber salad , it caught my eye immediately. I’m all about anything spicy and I adore salads!! Upon clicking through the recipe link in last week’s linky, I knew immediately that I’d found a kindred spirit. The name of the blog on which this delight originated – A Hot Southern Mess. I adore her already.
- Do not link up a recipe that you have previously linked to Mouthwatering Mondays: Please link up original recipes each week
- link directly back to your recipe URL. Not your Blog Homepage, not your Facebook page, not pinterest.. Just your recipe url
- visit other MWM participants and leave a comment, say hello, tell them you’re coming from Mouthwatering Mondays.
- Link back to Mouthwatering Mondays/A Southern Fairytale in the linked up post
- Leave a Comment – I love hearing from y’all! <3
- If you want to Pin one of these recipes, please pin directly from the recipe creator’s blog – not from a southern fairytale!
- By linking your recipe up, you agree to, and give permission for an image from the linked recipe and a link to your recipe to be posted if chosen as a feature in the next week’s Mouthwatering Mondays.